Frozen htc EVO 4G screen

Last Updated:

1. douknownam

douknownam Active Member This Topic's Starter

After using the unrevoked3 method to root, I downloaded rom manager and obtained the damage control rom to flash. When rom manager prompted to install, I just hit 'yes (or whatever the prompt was)' without checking backup (since I already have one) or clear the cache. Once it reboots and finishes installing, it just hangs at the 'htc EVO 4G' screen and seems to be in an infinite cycle (screen goes blank for a second then back onto the htc evo 4g screen). Can anyone provide any suggestions? TIA

Advertisement
  2. kaw900r

kaw900r Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you will need to clear data and cache then reload rom. :cool:

3. douknownam

douknownam Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I was a bit gun shy about that one... However, I still had trouble with the damage control roms... Pulled down the fresh one and it worked flawlessly---with cleared data and cache of course.

4. mamahong

mamahong New Member

My evo4 screen would freeze after I hang up with a phone call. It would not turn back on. It happens randomly. I have to either take the battery out and put it back in, or plug it into the charger to get the screen turn back. I don't have any thing installed on it that would cause this kind of problem. This is the 3rd one in 2 weeks. I think this phone has problems .... :(

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Try wiping cache and dalvik cache in recovery and rebooting.