Frozen in Factory Reset!!Support

Last Updated:

1. low_key

low_key New Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased a Droid 2 ~2 weeks ago, and after updating it, it was acting a little wonky; Pandora had a fit on me, the camera acted up, when I would power cycle songs I downloaded and assigned as ringtones were lost. For the most part they were small inconveniences that were fixed with power cycles, but I recently read that a factory reset was the final solution to smoothing the update bugs. Since I had just recently purchased the phone and have a Gmail account, I figured, what the hey?

I had little trouble performing the reset (power+X, etc), but now the phone is frozen on the screen with the little droid mascot standing outside the white box with the arrow. I had concerns when the phone had not reset after 15 minutes or so and called a store tech, and he notified me that it can take an hour or so. It has now over an hour (going on 2) and no change.

Did I err in one of the reset steps? What should my next course of action be? I am very hesitant to pull the battery or even play with the power button when it could be resetting still ... Have I just not waited long enough and am being panicky/ impatient?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, by the time you respond it'll be fixed ...

Advertisement
  2. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

You hold "X" while powering up. You'll end up at a screen with a yellow triangle, and you hit the magnifying glass button.

It doesn't ever take hours. I don't know where VZW gets their crap.

3. low_key

low_key New Member This Topic's Starter

The phone eventually drained the battery. I recharged to ~40% and turned it on, it went through the factory setup and was fine.