Frozen on bootSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nicole6

Nicole6 New Member This Topic's Starter

Last night the battery on my Eris died. I plugged in to charge and a bit later turned it on. It's stuck now on the first boot screen with the three guys on skateboards. I've pulled the battery many times and have gone through all variations of the hold volume button while pressing power/end and through the resets there, but nothing works and actually lets the phone start back up. It's not rooted, though if that will fix it now, I could try. I have another Eris and have switched batteries, SD cards and the like to no avail. Help?!

Advertisement
  2. rudykip

rudykip Member

same thing here?????

3. Nicole6

Nicole6 New Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to fix mine using the directions here: How To: Root the HTC Droid Eris (and Get Android 2.1)(Updated ? 06.11.2010) | TheUnlockr There's a video on youtube somewhere too if you want to watch what the phone does through the process.

I only did the steps on this page and downloaded that file (PM000IMG.zip) and followed the steps on how to load it. Keep holding down the power and volume down button until it finds the file.

I guess it's rooting the phone, but I didn't go further to load another ROM (honestly, I don't quite understand that...). My phone booted back up like new. Phone books and apps and stuff were all deleted, but the phone works again. The whole thing only took about 10 minutes, if that.