Fruit Ninja HD slow and laggy on the PhotonSupport

Last Updated:

1. viperx100

viperx100 Member

So I am testing out my new Photon and aside from mediocre benchmarks, I am pretty happy with the phone. I do have an issue playing Fruit Ninja THD on it, tho because it is very laggy and slow when I am slicing fruit. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Any suggestions? All the other games run just fine (Samurai 2, Riptide, air attack and all HD). Did I get a lemon phone? Should I return it for a new copy?

2. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

What else is your phone running? Do you have a lot of other apps active in the background?

I haven't seen ANY lag with any of my games. The dual core CPU & additional RAM have made a world of difference for me.
  3. wynand32

wynand32 Well-Known Member

I noticed some lag one time while playing the game, but only that one time. It was also one of the first things I did on the phone when I set it up. So, very possibly, there were still background tasks running from the initial setup causing some lag.

Incidentally, my benchmark scores aren't mediocre, either. They're quite good, definitely up in the same league as the competition. Maybe not THE fastest overall, but gaming benchmarks are one area where the Photon really shines.
  4. viperx100

viperx100 Member

That's just the thing, I am not running much in the background at all. I get no lag in other games either, but my benchmarks are lower than my coworkers G2x. Maybe I need to exchange it for another Photon and see what happens since no one else is experiencing the same issues. Thanks for the feedback, guys. I really appreciate it.
  5. mastacow53

mastacow53 Active Member

Fruit Ninja THD run fine for me.
  6. antgly

antgly New Member

It works great for me.
  7. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

If you're looking to resort to a phone exchange, please try a full factory wipe/reset first.

Better yet, if you're rooted with CWM bootstrap installed, wipe Dalvik & cache in Recovery.

I'm willing to bet that that will resolve your issues.
  8. viperx100

viperx100 Member

I did the full factory reset and I exchanged the phone last night and still the same isssue with the Fruit Ninja. Very jerky at times while slicing. All the other Tegra games run just fine. I read that Fruit Ninja might not be optimised for 2.3.4 but maybe I just need to do an update to the game.
  9. viperx100

viperx100 Member

So new Photon and same issues. Fruit Ninja very jerky at times (nothing running in the background). My friend went out and got one as well and he has some lag during gameplay as well. I am keeping the phone cuz i love it but still kinda upsetting.
  10. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

Odd. The first time I loaded up Fruit Ninja I noticed some lag, but only played one game. Tried it again last night (after at least one reboot) and it was nearly flawless. There was one moment where the screen suddenly didn't register my finger for a second or two, but that may have been user error. :p
  11. viperx100

viperx100 Member

Really odd. I find it hard to believe that Riptide and Samurai 2 can run at full speed and Fruit Ninja stutters. So I don't know if there is any point getting a 3rd MoPho.
  12. GottWhat

GottWhat Well-Known Member

Runs great on my phone.