Frustrated by default Calendar App...Support

Last Updated:

1. jgordon00

jgordon00 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few basics things I was hoping the Calendar app would do for me so that I could stop using my old desktop app (Calendarscope) and officially move to Google calendar with sync on the Incredible.

I mostly use the calendar for events and always include a reminder so that I can keep track of my life. However, when an event reminder pops up on the Incredible I only have two options: Dismiss or Snooze. I can't snooze for 1 hour or 2 hours or 2 days (the way I might in Outlook). It's just "Snooze".

When I press Snooze, it seems that the event gets hidden for 10 minutes and then comes back. When I dismiss it, I no longer get reminded of it but it sits in the notification area.

When I go into the notification area, if I want to dismiss any one event, I cannot seem to do it. All I have options for are "Snooze All" and "Dismiss All". If I long press on any event, I don't get a menu that says "Dismiss this Event" or "Snooze this Event". I don't understand this...Am I missing something totally obvious?

When I go the settings of the calendar program and then into Reminder Settings, I see a checkbox at the end that says "Hide Declined events" but I don't understand how to "decline" an event. I only seem to be able to snooze and dismiss (as mentioned above). Again...am I missing something?

Please help! All I want is to be able to easily manage the snoozing and dismissing of individual reminders/events but this doesn't seem to work properly.

Advertisement
  2. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

3. jgordon00

jgordon00 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you that is precisely what I was looking for!