Frustrated! Dinc won't mount & insurance questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. QuickSilver98

QuickSilver98 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I just upgraded to the Dinc from the original Droid. It's been great so far but I haven't been able to connect the phone to any computer, either mac or pc. It basically goes into a cycle of trying to reconnect the sd card but it never successfully connects. It will bring up the option to choose how I wan't to connect (to htc sync, mount, charge etc) but before I can press anything it cuts back to the home screen and tries to reconnect the sd card. Phone storage won't work either. I turned on USB debugging and restarted the phone several times but no luck. I was thinking that it could be a faulty usb cable. Any idea on how I could fix this?

Also, I was wondering what peoples opinions were on insurance? I got this off of ebay and I don't think that the Asurion coverage will apply since I didn't get it new thru Verizon (I could be wrong though).

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

Just on an off chance, have you tried another USB cable? I'm wondering if you got a cheap cable with it (not the OEM one), and it's just not reading right because of that. I've had it happen in the past with cheap usb cables..

Don't know about the Asurion coverage, but the phone should still be under it's 1 year hardware warranty though..

QuickSilver98 likes this.
  3. QuickSilver98

QuickSilver98 Member This Topic's Starter

Yes that fixed it - I had to get another cable.