• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help frustrated & new to android!

brissie

Lurker
Apr 6, 2011
Hi I just bought the Huawei IdeosX5 & dont't know how to get any music or photos from my PC to the phone & that's just for starters. I'm on prepaid here in Australia so I don't know if not having a phone plan makes any difference!
Hope someone can help this old gal.

Hi brissie, yes, you will need another card. This is the Micro SD card which you install by taking off the battery cover and you will see a slot at the bottom right corner with the Micro SD symbol on it.
You install the card in the direction shown by pushing it to the left and it will click into place.
To remove the card - push to the left and it will pop out for you to get a hold of it.
These Micro SD cards are available in various GB capacities, eg. 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32GB's.
They are usually marked with a Class, eg. 2, 4, 6 and 10 MB's which is the speed they will write at.
In an easy way to look at - Class 2 MB's is the cheapest and Class 10 MB's is the dearest.
So it all comes down to what you want to spend or what quality of info you want to have.
When you connect your phone to your computer via the USB cable, it will depend on what OS your PC is running. Windows Vista & 7 will install the necessary Drivers automatically. XP, you will need to follow instructions on screen.
8.3 Enjoying Music
Before you using music player, you must copy music files from your computer to the microSD card.
Once you have done this, the player will search for music on the microSD card. After the search is
complete, you will be able toview all available music files in the music library.
8.3.1 Copying Music to the microSD Card
1. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable and mount the microSD card.
2. On the PC, navigate to the USB drive and open it.
3. Create a folder in the root directory of the microSD card (for example, Music).
4. Copy the music from your computer to the folder you have created.
5. After copying music, unmount or eject the drive as required by your PC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones