Frustrated trying to convert video to play on EVO

Last Updated:

1. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried out Handbrake and followed the directions from the forum. I am having trouble getting any movie to convert. I've tried dvd's, and even a movie from Amazon. Any tips for a noob? A simpler converter perhaps?

Advertisement
  2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

3. pawathome

pawathome New Member

I downloaded 'Act 1 video player' forim the app store, then downloaded a WMV file, and it plays fine. Act 1 has a free trial version so you can try it out first.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

What exactly are you having problems with? Does the video play on the phone?

5. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

just download double twist. it does all the work for you. no settings to tweak or anything. connect your phone, drag and drop and it converts and syncs. easy as pie.

EzVeGGiEpZ and Gerbacio_PR like this.
  6. miamithrice

miamithrice Active Member

Never had problems with Handbrake + Evo. I am starting with 720p MKV files, however.

7. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be frustrating for EVO with your super fast cpu... well compared to my lame Hero cpu... have you tried rockplayer or yxplayer? they both play most of the files I've tried on my hero (avi/mkv/wmv/flv) although some of the encodes were a bit choppy, i'm guessing due to my slow cpu and lack of instruction set to do faster hardware decodes. I don't even bother to d/l the iphone releases anymore and go straight for the xvid/divx ones.

8. photek1000

photek1000 Well-Known Member

+1 Double twist.

I used to use Handbrake or WinFF for all conversions, but having tried DoubleTwist, that's all I'll use from now, just drag and drop.

9. theretroandroid

theretroandroid Well-Known Member

I use Daniusoft Video Converter! It works great for me, It has a built in nexus one setting and a lot of other android phones aswell. I have a cracked version, serves the purpose for my desire! :)

10. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

But it does not recognize the EVO and downrezes the files. Will not convert and load a 720p video for the EVO. Guess if all you want is low res video it works ok.