FrustratedSupport

1. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

I am so very frustrated with my phone and I don't know which section of this huge forum to start in to air my grievances. :(:(:(

Advertisement
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Hello Nola what exact device do you have? Ill point you in the right direction to get you cleared away :)
  3. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

I have the LG Optimus Slider. I didn't know if I should go to that area since I don't think my grief is entirely with the phone itself. *sigh*
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

well what is your frustration then? the more we know the better we can steer you in the right direction.
  5. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

Right now my biggest frustration is that I am having difficulties sending picture texts. I don't know if it's my service provider or the phone or the recipient's service.
  6. ocnbrze

ok so i moved you to the lg optimus slider forums. you will get more help as this is more of a device issue.

and what exactly happens when you try and send mms texts? error? nothing? delay in being sent?
    Nolablue likes this.
  7. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

It just sits in what I call "sending mode". I can even send a regular text to the same recipient and get a response while the other is still stuck in the pipeline.
  8. ocnbrze

sorry but i'm not familiar with your phone, but have you tried and update your prl and profile? it should be under phone settings some where.
  9. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

Have no idea what you mean by prl and profile. :eek:
  10. ocnbrze

they usually help with tower issues and might help improve mms, but since i never owned an LG phone i can't be sure. it should be in the phone's settings and maybe under software update.

also have you tried and calling your carrier? they maybe able to update your phone's prl on there end as well.
  11. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

And therein lies my second frustration. Virgin Mobile's tech support is no help whatsoever.
  12. ocnbrze

13. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

Thanks! I saw that thread as I was trying to search this section for a how-to on prl updates for the Optimus Slider. I can't find help anywhere. :( Thanks for trying though.
  14. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

I've been looking all over for how to update the prl on this phone and can't find anything.

This phone isnt flashed to another carrier is it?

Have you tried an alternative messaging app like gosms?
    ocnbrze likes this.
  15. Nolablue

Nolablue Member

It's a Virgin Mobile phone and that's what I use it for.

Oddly enough, I tried resending the two photos later in the day and both went pretty much immediately.

I have thought about leaving VM, but I like the price I pay for what I get. No one else comes close to it.

Everything I found searching elsewhere yesterday stated that VM doesn't allow a prl update.
  16. mandalynne

mandalynne New Member

if you're ever having problems with tech support you should try going to a virgin/boost store, typically they will call customer care for you so you dont have to deal with it.