• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help fry my Ally

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCrick

Sep 16, 2010
I was wondering if there was a way to fry my ally so that it looks like a hardware malfunction but it can't look like it was my fault and there can't be anything that would void my warranty that way I could maybe get my money back and buy a better phone. Any thoughts? Just don't try it? What do you think.

If you intentionally destroy your phone, you're voiding your warranty. Whether or not they notice is the question.

Even if you managed, I'm willing to bet they'll replace it, not give you your money back. If it's within 30 days, just return it. If not, it's very unlikely you'll get your money back for a *used* device.

Take spoon.get duct tape and wrap around handle 4 to 5 times. Get a lighter heat spoon 2 to 4 min. Then turn on cold water. Put spoon in cold water with your ally close by

I think the goal with this was to get steam in the phone. However, this would most likely change the moisture sensors to purple and alert LG that you got it wet. Unless you're lucky enough to get it wet enough to hurt it without changing the indicator, you're just as well off dunking it in the toilet.

Upvote 0
Really powerful electro magnet? HAHA Worth a shot! I am a verizon dealer and I will tell you if it is after 30 days they will not give you your money back. They will replace it 3 times under warranty before they will give you the option to get a different phone. HOWEVER... At that they really will not want you to switch so you must insist that you want another model. When they allow you to get a different phone they will only sell it to you at the 1 year contract price. Not bad for some devices but it can get expensive fast. You would probably be better off selling your ally. You can get an original droid for $100 brand new in box. Though newer phones are still very expensive

Upvote 0
The citric acid method would relate to you being blind and falling down as a result of the phone tripping you witch means the phone is a hazard to your well being at the time of ur blindness so as a result you will get a new phone and have a couple scratchs now the spoon method just is so awsome its hard to explain it makes like a emp or somthing
This goes right up there with a mother tripping over her own 2 year old son in a department store and sueing them for it. Yes it really happened.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if there was a way to fry my ally so that it looks like a hardware malfunction but it can't look like it was my fault and there can't be anything that would void my warranty that way I could maybe get my money back and buy a better phone. Any thoughts? Just don't try it? What do you think.

Send it to me, I'll break it for you. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones