• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Full backup of system directory

Here is a list so far of what I have delete off the phone. You should try to use android mate or root explorer to copy off the files to a sdcard for backups

MVC.MetroPCS.android02.apk = Virtual Card
MobileBanking.apk = Mobile Banking
MobilePosse.apk = MyExtras
SNS.apk = Facebook for LG, Twitter for LG
Boingo_Wo-Fi.apk = Boingo WiFi
Mocospace-1.2.4.apk = Moco Space
Uno_Demo_LG_MS690.apk = Uno Game
PGA_Android.apk = Free Games
LGMS690_MetroPCS_EasyWiFi_V4.0.90.apk = Easy Wifi
MPCS-MobileIM-0.4.24.2.apk = MobileIM
PEX-3.1.1.1-metro-rc.apk = Pocket Express
z7-android2x.apk= Mail@Metro

Also as an FYI...once I removed the MetroPCS Easy WiFi....my battery life has suddenly increased.

As I said in this post:
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/227036-new-lg-optimus-m-ms690-root-achieved.html

SNS.apk is the only one that doesn't reinstall correctly.

Upvote 0

Also as an FYI...once I removed the MetroPCS Easy WiFi....my battery life has suddenly increased.

What is the difference between MetroPCS Easy WiFi and the wifi that comes with the Android phone? I know you took it off, so you don't like it, but I'm curious what the supposed advantages are to Easy WiFi (whether true or not). Why would Metro put it on?

Upvote 0
So Easy Wifi constantly scans for wifi networks. If you launch the actual app it will show you a google maps type screen with wifi networks close to you. I guess the app is trying to be helplful.

you can also see all this @ Easy WiFi - Home.

I can't remember if the app has a "startup" option, but I uninstalled it because it was so annoying. The battery savings to me was worth it.

Upvote 0
Easy WiFi does scan for networks, but it logs you into them too. The difference between this and standard Android WiFi is that Easy WiFi can log you into networks which normally need you to start the browser and click a few buttons (like Starbucks). It does thousands of these automatically. Plus if you have a real account with a WiFi network (like AT&T, TMobile, or your university) you can add your username and password and get automatically logged in at those locations too.

Easy WiFi will test networks it sees and connect you to them if they work well and give you a better data connection. Otherwise it disconnects WiFi and you stay on cellular.

The idea is that you get a good experience. However, if it's running down the battery, that's not good.

Upvote 0
Easy WiFi does scan for networks, but it logs you into them too. The difference between this and standard Android WiFi is that Easy WiFi can log you into networks which normally need you to start the browser and click a few buttons (like Starbucks). It does thousands of these automatically. Plus if you have a real account with a WiFi network (like AT&T, TMobile, or your university) you can add your username and password and get automatically logged in at those locations too.

Easy WiFi will test networks it sees and connect you to them if they work well and give you a better data connection. Otherwise it disconnects WiFi and you stay on cellular.

The idea is that you get a good experience. However, if it's running down the battery, that's not good.

I also took easy wifi off my phone and it still does all that. I have wifi accts at three different places and after i initially put in my info it logs me in every time i go to those spots. it has also remembered a few free spots from random places I have visited.

Upvote 0
Here is a list so far of what I have delete off the phone. You should try to use android mate or root explorer to copy off the files to a sdcard for backups

MVC.MetroPCS.android02.apk = Virtual Card
MobileBanking.apk = Mobile Banking
MobilePosse.apk = MyExtras
SNS.apk = Facebook for LG, Twitter for LG
Boingo_Wo-Fi.apk = Boingo WiFi
Mocospace-1.2.4.apk = Moco Space
Uno_Demo_LG_MS690.apk = Uno Game
PGA_Android.apk = Free Games
MPCS-MobileIM-0.4.24.2.apk = MobileIM
PEX-3.1.1.1-metro-rc.apk = Pocket Express
z7-android2x.apk= Mail@Metro

As I said in this post:
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/227036-new-lg-optimus-m-ms690-root-achieved.html

SNS.apk is the only one that doesn't reinstall correctly.

I removed the Mail@Metro app but now my Windows Live Hotmail is no longer working. I reinstalled the app from the metro app store but I am getting a server is busy 108 error.

I will copy the file from a non-rooted phone and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
Can some one post this phones partiton layout.
Open terminal on phone, type:
Code:
cat /proc/mtd > /sdcard/PartitionTable.txt
Open up a file manager and open PartitionTable.txt with it's editor and copy the contents (highlight the words) and paste it here for future developement of this phone.

The purpose is to extract a full system.img for a complete backup of the phones original rom as requested from the OP.

Upvote 0
Can some one post this phones partiton layout.
Open terminal on phone, type:
Code:
cat /proc/mtd > /sdcard/PartitionTable.txt
Open up a file manager and open PartitionTable.txt with it's editor and copy the contents (highlight the words) and paste it here for future developement of this phone.

The purpose is to extract a full system.img for a complete backup of the phones original rom as requested from the OP.

dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "boot"
mtd1: 04340000 00020000 "cache"
mtd2: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"
mtd3: 00140000 00020000 "splash"
mtd4: 00700000 00020000 "FOTA_ST0"
mtd5: 0bd00000 00020000 "system"
mtd6: 0c900000 00020000 "userdata"
mtd7: 00080000 00020000 "misc"
mtd8: 00180000 00020000 "persist"

there you go.

Upvote 0
i now have the list but i cant figure out inside root explorer exactly how to delete these files

Once in Root Explorer, while you are looking inside the folder where you want to delete files, hit the "settings" button (very left button at bottom of your phone). A menu will pop up. Choose "Multi-select" on that menu.

A new menu will pop-up which includes "delete". You can then touch the right side of the screen where the files are and a green check mark will appear. Scroll up and down and choose all the files you wish to delete. Once all the files are checkmarked, ten hit "delete" on that pop up menu.

Also, before all this, make sure you are mounted as R/W (read/write), not R/O (read only) or it won't delete.

Upvote 0
Andy070 i am new to phandroid but have been following your forums for awhile and was hoping you were you able to get a full backup of LG Optimus M becuase i need to restore my GF phone after i erased the home screen apk by accident trying to remove bloatware... i tried to do a nandroid backup before erasing files but was unable to find a boot loader and recovery image that worked on Optimus M..I have donated previously and will continue to support your devs... thank you in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones