Full battery drain caused all core apps to fail, even after recharge...

1. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea what may have happened here?

I was unexpectedly away from home, but using the device quite heavily, and didn't have a method to charge the battery.
    Once the battery had drained to about 3%, I switched the phone off. I ended up needing to make another call. The phone booted, but all core apps returned a force close message. Phone, Maps, Google Account, all the main stuff... Other apps would launch and function with no problem though.

I rebooted the phone again thinking there would still be just enough juice to allow a phone call, but while booting, the battery totally failed.

Once I had a change to plug in the charger, all core apps continued to fail, even though the phone now had plenty of power.

Even after a battery pull, the same issues continued, rendering the phone pretty much useless. No phone link, no network, nothing...

The phone is rooted and I'm currently running Fresh ROM v1.0, so lacking anything else to do, I performed a Nandroid restore from about 2 days ago and that seems to have fixed up the problem. (whew.. I did not want to resort to the RUU)

But, I just can't figure out what may have caused this odd behavior in the first place....

Advertisement
    :
  2. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

data loss/corruption when the system didn't shut down gracefully is all I can think.

Thus the reason when the battery gets low, it tells you to shutdown your phone.

Its all I could think of yet at the same time I'm thinking the phone really shouldn't do that under that situation.

Fluke? Other coicidental OS problem? We will never know.. unless more people start having this problem.

My buddy ran his phone straight out of juice and it wouldn't begin to charge, he left it plugged in and eventually it started charging and everything came back normal for him. He's not rooted or rom'd though.
  3. Skimo

Skimo Member

yeah my Core Apps are killing my battery so fast, any idea how i can fix this problem please
  4. Lobo89

Lobo89 Well-Known Member

If you're rooted, use Overclock Widget or SetCPU to underclock the processor when you're screen is off. Also, you can try Juice Defender to manage your data connection more efficiently.