full battery gone in 3hours 0_oGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zimmyflip

zimmyflip Member This Topic's Starter

Heres a question that i couldnt seem to anwser by reading the other threads. I just moved up for a small town in the middle of nowhere with modest 3G service, but now that im in a big city where i have complete 3G all the time my phone doesnt last me more than 3hours even on stand by.

Can someone help me out with this problem?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

the old facebook app used to do that, as well as some of the stock HTC apps. are you rooted/rom'd?

3. zimmyflip

zimmyflip Member This Topic's Starter

no im not rooted. i tryed then messed up my phone so i have just messed with it yet. its kinda annoyingh coming from the iphone where its all easily jailbroken if u will..

4. thrawn86

5. smacky

smacky Banned

Go to Settings and About Phone and see your Battery Usage. Look at Cell Standby. Is it 50%?

If so, put then phone in airplane mode, and if possible plug it into the charger for a few seconds and then unplug it. Repeat the above steps. If it's now at 0%, then you will need to put the phone in airplane mode, and then out of it, every time you restart your phone. It's a known bug and the only way to fix it is to either never restart your phone, or if you do, switch to airplane mode and then back out of it.

6. thrawn86

are you talking about time-without-signal? I thought the consensus was that it really didn't have much effect on anything?

I've never *not* had 50% tws.

edit: effect, gdi

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You may want to try *228 and update your roaming. If you moved recently your phone may not be set right for the towers in your area. Searching for proper signal will kill a battery quickly.