• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Full battery notification?

DarkSky

Feb 22, 2010
Is there any way to turn OFF the beeping when charging is complete? It's most annoying for a light sleeper to be woken up in the night.

.. and, why does it say UNPLUG CHARGER when it's done charging? My other phones have no problem sitting in their dock all day when not in use. Why does the S2 need to be unplugged? Will it overcharge and hurt the battery?

Very frustrating...

I found one way to mute the battery full notification on the Galaxy S2 online. You have to download Tasker though. It's a pretty useful app anyway though so buying it wasn't a problem for me. Anyway you have to create profiles in tasker to set the phone to silence itself at just the right moment.
I found it on Samsung Galaxy S2 Tips - Home in the tips and tricks section. There is also a video tutorial on how to set it up. Hope that helps you get some uninterrupted sleep! =)

Upvote 0
I found one way to mute the battery full notification on the Galaxy S2 online. You have to download Tasker though. It's a pretty useful app anyway though so buying it wasn't a problem for me. Anyway you have to create profiles in tasker to set the phone to silence itself at just the right moment.
I found it on Samsung Galaxy S2 Tips - Home in the tips and tricks section. There is also a video tutorial on how to set it up. Hope that helps you get some uninterrupted sleep! =)

Thanks! Actually I'm trying to keep as LITTLE 'extras' on the phone as possible. Sounds like a bit of work. My last phone (Droid) had so much stuff left over on the sdcard from old utilities and whatnot. Going to try and keep this S2 as bare bones as possible. Gotta wipe out that useless game hub and music hub too :)

.. and, why does it say UNPLUG CHARGER when it's done charging? My other phones have no problem sitting in their dock all day when not in use.

It means unplug the charger from the wall socket or turn it off to save energy once the charging is finished.

But if it stops charging the phone when it hits 100% it's not using any power anyway right? On top of that.. it's not like an idle charger uses much energy. Heck, even a charging charger. I've got a dozen other vampire devices plugged in various outlets around the house that take 10X more energy even than an active charger. I think my stupid DVRs use 30W even when NOT turned on.

So the notice to unplug is just to save 'household power' then, right?

Upvote 0
Don't forget you've got a dual core phone there. It can stand to have a few bits and pieces on there. In fact if you don't it's kinda a waste of the hardware ;)

Yah it's not the extra stuff running that I mind. That's fine. I just don't like having tons of icons laying around that I never use on different screens.

I couldn't BELIEVE the amount of crap the S2 came with, compared to my Droid on 2.1 Maybe the extra was all 2.3 stuff and not Samsung extras.. dunno.

I'm the same way with a new PC though. I instantly go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and nuke any junk that I won't be using. :cool:

Upvote 0
I dont think there is atm, it cant bother you that much? lol

Like many people, I use my SGS2 as an alarm clock and I also leave it plugged in overnight so the battery is full when I get up. Many people (including me) are very light sleepers and can even be woken up just by the screen lighting up let alone beeping noises. I can get back to sleep easily but some people aren't so lucky so yes, to some people this is a big deal.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Install battery charged silencer. A free app from the market.
Works like a charm. You can even give it a time range as to when to keep its mouth shut.

Alternatively, if you are on a JKay deluxe theme, you can turn it off via the deluxe settings app. It doesnt turn the vibrate off tho unfortunately, just the beep. The app I mentioned above turns off both

Upvote 0
ok see that now.

honestly still annoying and will likely give up on this phone this weekend.

between this, the crappy MMS, the innumerable USELESS apps the phone comes with, and the shitty contacts interface, i think this phone will eventually drive me nuts....

it's a shame because the screen and form are so nice.

Upvote 0
i want excellent email, navigation, MMS, phone, and internet browsing. it's a shame the phone fails on 3/5 of these simple tasks.... good thing it comes with shit like "video maker" "memo" "mini diary" and "books"....

i mean what the hell is with "navigator" "latitude" AND "maps"????? i'm not a dumb ass and i can figure it out, but seriously.... the final details on this phone were planned out by a clown.

Reactions: michalstanko
Upvote 0
.. and, why does it say UNPLUG CHARGER when it's done charging? My other phones have no problem sitting in their dock all day when not in use.

It means unplug the charger from the wall socket or turn it off to save energy once the charging is finished.

Just like to share, that most of the devices like laptops, tablets and phones, are not meant to be wired-charge all the time. In fact keeping it plugged reduce the battery life.

My son, wife and I, all use mackbook pro, we bought 3 machines on the same day. My son's mac is plug all the time, and by now, about year plus later, it won't last without charger for more than 50min. While my wife's and mine, keep pretty much the same life time as we bought it.

Calibrate Your Android Phone, Laptop, Macbook, iPhone Battery Life - The Tech Loft | The Tech Loft

and apple's official battery care guidelines:
Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

Apple - Batteries

I also experienced that with our Nokia phones. This time is my wife's, her phone is with shortest battery life among us. She leave it on the charger over night at home, take it to office and charge it there all day long. And even tho it shows 100%, it drops to bare minimum within minutes of usage.

I don't know how that applies to our Galaxy, but I practice the same charging habit as with other devices, for which it seem to work very well.
Check out the links, some of them explain in details the reasons behind it.

Best regards
Sebastian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones