Full Color PDF's = Hardware hitSupport

1. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

I'm used to downloading and viewing different types of PDF's on my phone. I've started trying to read some PDF manuals that are in color and contain pictures as well as other graphics. My problem is, those color PDF's basically freeze my phone; if the pages manage to load at all the phone runs sluggish and is basically unusable. Things I have tried are the following:

- Power savings mode off
    -Tried the stock Polaris office and Adobe apps, same issue
    -I notice my ram is around 1.3 and I can't really do anything about it. What I have done to test is clear the ram then immediately go and open a pdf but it's still sluggish.

My ipad2 performs better than my state of the art N2. Anyone having the same issues? Any performance tips?

Advertisement
    :
  2. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

I've never used anything but ezPDF Reader for PDFs and I haven't had any freezing or slowdown with that app with full color PDFs. It's pretty smooth actually. It's $4 in the Play Store though. I got it on the Amazon App store for free one day a long time ago and have used it every since.

Edit: Looks like there's a Lite version just for viewing for $1 in the Play Store too.
  3. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

eBookDroid is free and open source - I've found it to be really fast, even with large graphical PDFs.
  4. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

Thank you for your input and suggestions my fellow members, I'll give those a try.
  5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

+1 for exPDF here.

Moon+ Reader Pro is presently on sale also, and it appears to have good PDF support (in addition to being an excellent eBook reader app in its own right).
  6. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Well-Known Member

I've also had problems with the phone freezing trying to open sizeable pdfs (both color and B&W) using both the Polaris and Acrobat Reader apps. ezPDF and Repligo Reader work much better.

Here's another trick: open the pdf in your free Kindle app. It works just fine as a reader for pdf files.