Full Device Backup?Support

Last Updated:

1. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure where this belongs, so, Mods, feel free to move it if necessary.

I came from the iPhone world where iTunes would do a full backup and recovery basically automagically if I had to wipe my phone for whatever reason.

Is there an app or tool that will bring my DroidX back to the state it's in now, basically fully if I were do a wipe/hard reset. I am planning on doing some testing and screenshots for Android support for my employer and while this is my personally owned phone, I expense the service back to them.

Any recommendations for full backup Sw?

Advertisement
    vintagewalrus likes this.
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

you have to be rooted to use Titanium. However, rooting is very simple with the X. Even I can do it! :p

4. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Good program. You can set it to do a backup each night to your SD card or their online servers. Backs up whatever you want, including apps that are not "protected". IF you get a new phone you can re-download the apps from the marketplace. I am getting a spare 16gb card and making a copy to have in case I lose my phone. When I would get the replacement phone, I can just put the backup SD card in and do a restore with the program.

5. VikingX

VikingX Member

What about if you don't want to fool with rooting?

6. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...and TitaniumBackup does it just do apps? I'd like to backup my Device Settings, Home Page setup's, my EMail settings, etc... basically a full device "image" that I can put back on and get to a current state if I wipe (like I did with iPhone)