Support Full Device Backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SuperW2, Aug 6, 2010.

1. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    IT Mgr Geek
    Central Coast, CA
    Not sure where this belongs, so, Mods, feel free to move it if necessary.

I came from the iPhone world where iTunes would do a full backup and recovery basically automagically if I had to wipe my phone for whatever reason.

Is there an app or tool that will bring my DroidX back to the state it's in now, basically fully if I were do a wipe/hard reset. I am planning on doing some testing and screenshots for Android support for my employer and while this is my personally owned phone, I expense the service back to them.

Any recommendations for full backup Sw?

Advertisement

vintagewalrus likes this.
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    you have to be rooted to use Titanium. However, rooting is very simple with the X. Even I can do it! :p

4. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Good program. You can set it to do a backup each night to your SD card or their online servers. Backs up whatever you want, including apps that are not "protected". IF you get a new phone you can re-download the apps from the marketplace. I am getting a spare 16gb card and making a copy to have in case I lose my phone. When I would get the replacement phone, I can just put the backup SD card in and do a restore with the program.

5. VikingX

VikingX Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Mississippi
    What about if you don't want to fool with rooting?

6. SuperW2

SuperW2 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    IT Mgr Geek
    Central Coast, CA
    ...and TitaniumBackup does it just do apps? I'd like to backup my Device Settings, Home Page setup's, my EMail settings, etc... basically a full device "image" that I can put back on and get to a current state if I wipe (like I did with iPhone)