• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Full Downgrade from 2.1root (any) to 1.5 stock - FULLY WORKING

The warnings indicating that you're taking a chance with your device by installing a leaked version of 2.1 are posted in the tutorial on flashing that leak.

Asking for a way to do something that you were warned could not be done seems a bit (fill in the blank with admonishment of choice).

Not to mention that the developers working on root, etc around here are volunteering their time and efforts.

+1
Frisco is right, try and keep things realistic.

Upvote 0
I will say AWESOME JOB jcase for busting the downgrade, root or not!!keep up the awesome work you devs do to help us void our warranty for benefit haha
and I cant wait for root for 2.1 v2/v1 leaks
keep up the good work as we worship your power over our phones

Root for 2.1 will come, in fact I whole heartedly believe it's here with Paul O'Brian's HTC Desire and HTC Legend Root method, he plans on releasing more details when he gets back from his Vacation on the 20th.

Upvote 0
I fully invite you to work on it with the rest of us.

Okay so I've been thinking. You guys replaced the 2.1 Root bootloader with the 1.5 to downgrade to 100% official 1.5. So cant you just perform the same method to use adb commands to push a open bootloader for the Eris 2.1 leak...
But still would that mean that you would need SU (Superuser) so it still wouldnt work. would that result in a Bricked phone. Or could there be a way to wipe the the ROM completely

Upvote 0
Okay so I've been thinking. You guys replaced the 2.1 Root bootloader with the 1.5 to downgrade to 100% official 1.5. So cant you just perform the same method to use adb commands to push a open bootloader for the Eris 2.1 leak...
But still would that mean that you would need SU (Superuser) so it still wouldnt work. would that result in a Bricked phone. Or could there be a way to wipe the the ROM completely

Because my downgrade used the fastboot part of the engineering bootloader that came with the root rom. The leak roms don't have it.

Upvote 0
What exactly is a leaked user? Im using beerkans guide, does that mean I can use this guide to go back to stock?

Cruden,

Do you have an Eris? This guide is for the HTC Droid Eris.

I see that you've posted in the Samsung Galaxy Spica thread (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-spica/124299-root-me-baby-one-more-time-2.html).

By the way, a "leaked user" is one that installed one of the (4) Android 2.1 ROMs for the HTC Droid Eris that were leaked earlier this year (base root ROM, and three non-root ROMs that we call v1, v2, and v3).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Cruden,

Do you have an Eris? This guide is for the HTC Droid Eris.

I see that you've posted in the Samsung Galaxy Spica thread (http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-spica/124299-root-me-baby-one-more-time-2.html).

By the way, a "leaked user" is one that installed one of the (4) Android 2.1 ROMs for the HTC Droid Eris that were leaked earlier this year (base root ROM, and three non-root ROMs that we call v1, v2, and v3).

Cheers!

no i have a galaxy portal, any idea how I could downgrade to 1.5?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones