• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full flash support with 2.1?

Just found this link to an apk that claims to port over the working full flash program from 2.2 to work with 2.1. From reading the comments, it appears it only works with HTC phones because of the flash lite already on them. I installed it, and tested a few sites and it seems to work great. I didn't to a test before I installed it to see what sites didnt work. ANyway, here's the link if anyone wants to experiment.

Adobe Flash 10.1 full support for Android 2.0 and 2.1 Download and install apk

Just downloaded it and it seems to work.

I went to Redbullsoapboxracer.com and its loading the page fully. Its slow because im on 3G and its a ton of info to download, but it does work.

One thing i did notice is that it works in the stock browser but it does not work for Xscope lite. I get an error message that the Flash Player needs to be updated. I click on update to flash 10 and i get that its not available for my phone.

I rarely go to full flash sites so i may uninstall and just wait till froyo. But to those that cant wait, it does work.

Edit: This is not available in the Market (AppBrain or Android markets)

Upvote 0
Just found this link to an apk that claims to port over the working full flash program from 2.2 to work with 2.1. From reading the comments, it appears it only works with HTC phones because of the flash lite already on them. I installed it, and tested a few sites and it seems to work great. I didn't to a test before I installed it to see what sites didnt work. ANyway, here's the link if anyone wants to experiment.

Jus installed...Seems to load my flash a little faster

Upvote 0

xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Adobe Flash 10.1 APK

It's not really working... I've read through that thread a while back. They've been working on it for some time now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ok....so now its showing a update to it on my market page......wtf? how do i update LOL.

Does it show in the Android Market or in AppBrain? Earlier when i checked it only showed up in AppBrain market and when i tried to open it it said it wasnt available or something like that. The Android Market didnt even recognize it.

Upvote 0
Cnet Embedded videos are working for me too

Had to Use Droid Explorer for the screenshot...Shootme was acting up when on the web browser

Capturegg.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones