Full Front Screen Protector and Verizon Rubber Case.General

Last Updated:

1. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so here's my question, does anyone have a full front screen protector Like boxwave, Seidio, Clarivue, etc (not the small vzw one) on with the black rubber case from Verizon? I'm asking because the case is kind of tight and I'm worried it will press hard against the screen and in turn create big bubbles in the corner. Happened with my Rubber casemate case on my Nexus One.

Advertisement
  2. DCoy82

DCoy82 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the bodyglove cover or the shell/case combo holster? If the shell/case combo then it'll be fine. I have a zagg full screen and this one and have no issues at all.

3. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

I have the Zagg on mine with the black silicone case from VZW and it peeled back my corner and one edge due to how tight it is. I just got my nexus one sleeve today so i'll probably replace the screen protector and go naked with the sleeve.

4. Sodequis

Sodequis Well-Known Member

I remedied this for myself... was doing it to a static cling protector I had with the black silicon vzw case. So I ordered the phantom skinz and prior to putting it on I trimmed the top a hair and the bottom just above the circle that goes around the track pad, as well as along one side and then trimmed the corners so they weren't pointy. Covers the screen and the buttons... doesn't interfere with the case. everything I need protected is. working great.

5. sean76

It's the shinny black rubber case that has the honeycomb back.

6. sean76

I may go this route myself..

7. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Everywhere I've read on this forum says that the Verizon silicone cover/case slightly pushes up the edges of their screen protector. I can't remember which protector they were using. I don't think it is a huge deal. I am planning on going this route. Maybe someone can post a picture?

8. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I have the zagg and the case fits so tight to the phone that it will push the corners of the protector up. What I did was to take a Dremel tool and file down the underside edge of each corner of the case and I have no problems with it lifting now. You could also take a razor and trim the case slightly also. Cutting the very corners off at an angle of the screen protector before installing would work also.

9. nickacs

nickacs Well-Known Member

That's why I got Steinhill's protector because it is a mm or two shorter all around so this doesn't happen. No need to modify it :) Can't wait to install mine in another day or two when it comes.

10. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

I have the n1 case coming but does the silicon case fit inside the n1 case?

11. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

I have the Phantom Skinz full frontal screen protector and I battled this issue. I simply used the application tool (shaped like a thin credit card) to tuck the bubble underneath the case. It's been 2 days now since I put the case on and all looks fine.