Full Goggle appSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bernard1

Bernard1 Member This Topic's Starter

I thought an Android phone gave you the same access to Google as the desktop version.
    Guy in Sprint store says no; there are some limits.
    Specificaly I wanted to use the contacts in Google as the Optimus S contacts has little space for information. Spouse name, b day,kids,anniversery etc.
    Any help would be appreceated

Advertisement
  2. waylonrobert

waylonrobert Member

Have you synced your Google account to the phone? This will pull all contact information you have and write it to the phone. Go to Settings > Accounts & sync.

Bernard1 likes this.
  3. Bernard1

Bernard1 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the response. Yes it is synced. What I am looking for is more info fields. All the contacts are there I need company; contact; 2nd contact.. Or contct, wifes name etc. All of this is in google contacts but the full contact program is not on the phone. Alternate is if someone knows of a good contact manager app.

4. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

I'm prett sure that Android does not have all of the contact fields that are available on Gmail. I think that you are probably limited to the following fields.
    First name, Last name, Company, Suffix, Home phone, Home2 phone, Home fax, Business phone, Business2 phone, Business fax, Home fax #, Mobile #, Pager #, Radio #, Email 1, Email 2, Email 3, Office address, Home address, Nickname, Website, IM, Birthday*, & Notes.

* May not be able to edit birthday on the Android device.

You can still have more fields on Gmail, but you just can't sync them to the Android device.

I think it's an Android OS limitation so I'm not sure that there's an app that can solve the problem.