Full home replacement?

Last Updated:

1. Trel

Trel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you have a home replacement, could you swap it with Launcher.apk and have it be the only one running, or would that not work?

Advertisement
  2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I have been using Home++, but since it doesn't work w/ the live wallpapers, I decided to give the Launcher a go. I just went to it in my app drawer, selected Home chooser, selected Launcher, and checked it. I don't know how other replacement apps work but should be a similar process.

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Get home switcher app. Switch to your preferred and kill the other one.

Or just clear defaults, switch to your preferred and kill the other one.

As for switching it out? Not sure, honestly. I wouldn't think that it would be that much of a difference, memory wise.

4. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member

ok i have dxtop on my phone now, and im wondering on how to return to the original screens.
    does anyone know how to do this?
    id appreciate it...:)

5. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Trel, were you asking if you can remove the stock launcher from /system/app and use just your home replacement? If so, I can tell you that I removed the stock launcher a long time ago, and I run only Sweeter Home 2. It's a good idea to move it to a folder on your SD card (mine's called "Removed System Apps") so you can move it back if necessary.

6. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

The stock home launcher is an app just like the home replacements. So there is no need for it if there is another launcher app there. Set the new one to default and every time you hit the home button it will go there instead. The launcher.apk is not needed for the other ones to work. They are all independent of each other.

7. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

I've removed a lot of the stock apps. Some are required, some aren't. Cm wiki has a good list of which are which.

As for replacements, I bounce between Helix 2 and Sweeter Home 2. SH2 is still beta and is a bit too buggy for me personally to run all the time. getting there, tho.

8. Trel

Trel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That is what I was asking, but it's no problem now, since I've updated to 2.1.
    Thanks though :)