Full Retail - Best Buy vs Verizon

Last Updated:

1. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've heard from numerous people that the Droid will be $599 at Best Buy and $559 at Verizon. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I want to pre-order at Best Buy, but not willing to pay more to do so. Also I wonder if Verizon stores will sell the Droid to people not eligible for an upgrade since they supposedly have plenty of stock.

Advertisement
  2. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

Where are the "numerous people" getting this info from?

3. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

$559.99 has been confirmed by @DroidDoes on Twitter. the $599.99 Best Buy price is the one I'm unsure of, I would think they should know the retail price before taking pre-orders.

4. nicallen63

nicallen63 Well-Known Member

Just called Best Buy, they said they have no idea how much the phone is going to be, but i can still come in a pre order it.

5. sunking

sunking Active Member

I was told the same thing by Best Buy when I pre-ordered yesterday when I asked what the full retail cost would be. To pre-order you don't have to purchase the entire cost of the phone but place a $50 deposit.

The clerk that I talked to said it would be between $599 and $699. I don't believe the $699 number considering what we have seen posted elsewhere unless they are including it as some sort of package that includes other stuff (desktop unit and car mount).

We will see soon!