Full retail price dropped by $50General

Last Updated:

1. Bulldog1970

Bulldog1970 Active Member

The retail price for the Droid Maxx dropped by $50 to $649. If you paid full retail like I did, you can call 611 and get a $50 credit. I assume this only works if you are within the 14 day trial period, which everyone should be. I called and got the credit without a single hassle.

2. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

Sweet! I saw that online on VZW's site a few days back, and figured they had different in-store and web pricing. I'll give 'em a shout tomorrow and report back.
  3. speede541

I called 611 and they couldn't help me, but actually took the time to call the store and verify I was eligible. 611 entered a note in the system, but I had to go to the store, where the Verizon associate took care of the problem while I played with the Moto X and Nokia wireless charger. The refund was applied to my account. I mean, great and all, but they could have handled this over the phone.
  4. Bulldog1970

Bulldog1970 Active Member

Odd. I called 611, she looked it up, put me on hold for a minute to do something, came back and said all was set and would have a credit on the next bill.
  5. jalov

jalov Well-Known Member

Also got mine. Honest to god took 45 minutes on the phone and weren't going to give it to me. They used my preorder date and said I was past the 14 day period and they don't control online pricing. Tried ending the call and asked if I was satisfied...i said I wasn't, and besides not getting the 50 reduction, I wasted 30 min of my talk to come to that conclusion. Put me back on hold and talked to her supervisor who gave me the 50 dollar credit due to my loyalty and payment history. Was a battle of patience as for most of the 45 min I was repeatedly put on hold, but got it.
  6. speede541

I checked my bill and sure as snot they gave me $50 as a credit, but no sales tax applied. I'm going to let the state keep my $5 -- not worth the call back to Verizon.
  7. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

8. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Yes ... 18 months.

... Thom