• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full retail price dropped by $50

Bulldog1970

Apr 20, 2011
The retail price for the Droid Maxx dropped by $50 to $649. If you paid full retail like I did, you can call 611 and get a $50 credit. I assume this only works if you are within the 14 day trial period, which everyone should be. I called and got the credit without a single hassle.

I called 611 and they couldn't help me, but actually took the time to call the store and verify I was eligible. 611 entered a note in the system, but I had to go to the store, where the Verizon associate took care of the problem while I played with the Moto X and Nokia wireless charger. The refund was applied to my account. I mean, great and all, but they could have handled this over the phone.

Upvote 0
Also got mine. Honest to god took 45 minutes on the phone and weren't going to give it to me. They used my preorder date and said I was past the 14 day period and they don't control online pricing. Tried ending the call and asked if I was satisfied...i said I wasn't, and besides not getting the 50 reduction, I wasted 30 min of my talk to come to that conclusion. Put me back on hold and talked to her supervisor who gave me the 50 dollar credit due to my loyalty and payment history. Was a battle of patience as for most of the 45 min I was repeatedly put on hold, but got it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones