1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Full Screen Calendar widget from S3Support

Last Updated:

1. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member

My galaxy S3 had a full screen calendar widget. I would have assumed the Note 2 would have all the same widgets, but it seems to be missing. anyone know where I can find it?

Advertisement
  2. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one stumped me too - the widget you want is there but it's not called 'Calendar', it's called 'S Planner (Month)'.
  3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

The stock 4x4 widget isn't full screen (T-Mo USA version)?

[​IMG]
  4. sudbury78

sudbury78 Active Member

No, its on the Verizon version and its very disappointing. My note 2 doesnt have s planner as an pp or a widget....:mad:
  5. prerunnerseth

wonder if there is somewhere we can download it.
  6. sudbury78

sudbury78 Active Member

I have looked everywhere but I'm brand new to android so hopefully an "expert" can chime in.
  7. colnago

What I posted was a pic of the 4x4 "Calendar" widget. Are you saying that you don't have that on your (Verizon) version? Or are you song that the calendar I posted is "not full screen"? The actual app fills the entire screen, as the dock is removed when opened.
  8. sudbury78

sudbury78 Active Member

Sure we can click on calendar and it opens full screen ( if that is what you meant), But, YES, we dont have the widget for any calendar on stock. That particular widget was removed oddly enough.
  9. Alice Kaye

Alice Kaye Well-Known Member

So was the main digital clock widget. The things Verizon does will never cease to amaze me...
  10. colnago

Wow...heck of an omission.

FWIW, here are my (T-Mo USA ver.) "widget" choices:

[​IMG]
  11. JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19 Well-Known Member

VZW is such a piece of s*** company. I mean really, they are. So they removed the "do not disturb" feature, and this widget and the basic clock widget, and continuous scrolling. I mean, come on.
  12. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

That's so weird, I have the international version and my widget - the exact same one - is called 'S Planner (month)'.
  13. rivera02

rivera02 Well-Known Member

Yea the continuous scrolling and awesome calendar widget were two of the things that I thought made tw one of the better manufacturer skins. Big disappointment to see them removed on only the Verizon version.
  14. prerunnerseth

Yeah, I don't understand this move as the Verizon S3 still has it. Why on earth would they remove it from the N2.
  15. prerunnerseth

Can someone who has a rooted Note 2... International or otherwise please pull the calendar widget apk and send it to me? Would like to try and side load it.
  16. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I just checked mine (Sprint) and I don't have S Planner on here. But I did learn something new. Minor for those who already knew this; major for those who didn't.
    Tap that corner icon to change from yrly, month, week, day, list & task.
    I've had this phone a month and it's my first time taping that icon. :p

[​IMG]
  17. prerunnerseth

Just pulled the splanner calendar widget from a jellybean sgs3 rom I had in my computer download folder and It wont sideload. I think we just need root and they all will be good. Drop it in the app folder and be good to go.
  18. sudbury78

sudbury78 Active Member

I'm very curious how you write on the calendar with the s pen? please and thanks

EDIT: NM i figured it out :)
  19. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Share your discovery with the rest of us.
  20. andre2p

andre2p New Member

This works for the calendar but not the widget. :confused:

21. Alice Kaye

Has anyone found a decent replacement for this?
  22. JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19 Well-Known Member

Pure Calendar is the best I've found.
    Alice Kaye likes this.
  23. Alice Kaye

Thank you, I just installed it. Seems like a really nice widget, actually. Hopefully we'll get the proper one in an update.
  24. sudbury78

sudbury78 Active Member

Scandelex-- like the person above, I figured out how to use the s pen to play on the calendar, but as stated, ONLY once the calendar opens via a widget. I wonder if there are any calendars out there with the ability to use the pen like the touchwiz widget allowed. I am still shocked its gone.
  25. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

Nice widget choices... but I think I prefer your wallpaper! :D