Full Screen MoviesSupport

Last Updated:

1. starjade77

starjade77 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I use DVDFab right now to convert movies to mp4. But right now, when I play an mp4 movie on my DX it's not full screen.

Does anyone have any software suggestions that I can use to convert my DVDs into mp4 formats that will playback using the full screen on the DX?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Pointguard1122

Pointguard1122 Well-Known Member

rockplayer

3. starjade77

does anyone have any suggestions for ripping dvds so that it shows up as a full screen on Droid X?

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Are you sure you want movies full screen? To get most movies full screen, you are changing the aspect ratio and depending by how much, things might look a little weird.

The Droid X screen is 848x480 (1.77:1 aspect ratio). Take for example, Iron Man 2. That's 2.35:1 aspect ratio. If you tried to get that to display in 848x480, things would have to be stretched vertically quite a bit.

Letterboxing (top and bottom bars) is totally normal.

And yes, I think the Rockplayer suggestion might do what you want. IIRC correctly, there's an option to play the video at the aspect ratio it's encoded to and an option to stretch the video to full screen.

If you do want to change the aspect ratio, there might be some setting DVDFab to force and 848x480 resolution. Not sure.

Or are you seeing something other than just top and bottom bars?

5. starjade77

Actually, I'm seeing the side black bars...Not the top and bottom ones.