• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help full signal, can't make or receive calls or texts.

ok, so i've had this phone since last october but it just started doing this in january. It only happens in certain places (anywhere in pennsylvania, washington dc, among a few other places.) I will have a full signal and will be able to use data but i can't make or receive phone calls or send or receive texts. I am a flight attendant and it's incredibly frustrating and inconvenient. I've gone to the at&t store and all they did for me was give me a new sim card which didn't work and isn't the issue. I haven't made any alterations to my phone like rooting etc mostly because i don't know what that is or what it does. The only time it does work in those places is when i'm in philly and my data icon has an E instead of an H. that's when i know i have a short window to make calls etc. also sometimes it'll give me a sim #3 error or something along those lines but it doesn't last long and doesn't happen often. can anyone help a non techie out? i'm beyond frustrated. thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones