1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Full Tilt Poker

Last Updated:

1. onehitter

onehitter Member This Topic's Starter

The beta app is available in the market. You can play with real money and it plays fast.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Note: Requires Flash and a good connection, best over WiFi. I've been watching this for a while now :D

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

It's only "rush poker"? Whatever that is.

Why would it need flash if it's a native app? Is is the app just a browser front end to their system?

4. bjordan

bjordan Well-Known Member

I have no idea. I was in the closed beta which was done in a browser as a flash app. It actually worked really well. If it is just a wrapper/browser for the app I do think it's better then going to the site. It at least feels better.

Rush Poker is basically where you enter in a pool of players on a certain type of game/limit. Say there are 400 players. You're randomly put at a table with 6 (or 9 depending on the game) players. When you fold, you're quickly taken to another table and put with more random players from the pool.

The system determines your position at the table based on how it's been since each random player was in a position. For instance when 6 random players are put at a table the one that hasn't been the big blind in the longest time will be the big blind, etc.

If you're used to getting a feel for your opponents then it's very tilting. However it actually works very well for mobile play. I was in Cake Poker's beta on Windows Mobile and while it worked well the pace of a standard cash game was just too slow for mobile play. Especially single tabling (IMO).

Here are more details on rush poker.

Rush Poker ? Play The World's Fastest Poker Game - Full Tilt Poker