fullscreen caller id

Last Updated:

1. jayroc2121

jayroc2121 New Member This Topic's Starter

does anybody know if the evo will allow fullscreen picture caller id?

Advertisement
  2. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Seems like that would be a part of the Sense UI, but since I haven't used it, I'm not sure. You may want to ask in the Incredible forums since it's using Sense UI over Android as well.

3. Slacker4Life

Slacker4Life Well-Known Member

Sense UI definitely supports full-screen caller ID, I'm running Sense 2.5 right now on a WinMo device and I remember that 2.1 did the same full-screen function.

4. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

HTC is a big fan of a full screen caller ID in their Sense UI. So yes, unless they dramatically changed their Sense for the EVO, i'd suspect a full screen CID.

5. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Does sense automatically pull the most current Facebook picture for caller ID photo like WebOS? Those little things are nice touches.

6. Slacker4Life

It does for me currently.

neodorian likes this.
  7. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Is this something you can turn off. I'm sure there are times where I wouldn't want my friends' facebook profile pic flashing across my phone in all of its 4.3" glory since their profile pic isn't always a pic of themself.

8. Slacker4Life

How it works for me presently is that you can specify if you want to use the facebook profile picture, OR a profile picture of your choosing per contact. So, I think you will be fine!;)

hopalee and hyabusha like this.
  9. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

perfect!

10. neodorian

Do I need to set this for every contact or can I set a default policy? I have hundreds of contacts and setting each one would be annoying. WebOS is great in that it always is in sync and has the most recent facebook pic for caller ID.

11. Slacker4Life

Sense will set the default picture for each contact to a default contact image(basic silhouette), then it will be up to you to customize your contacts based on either Facebook integration, or personal preference. I think HTC recognized that everyone has their own preferences...and some folks don't want to be Facebook "friends" with all their contacts.

12. neodorian

Totally. WebOS doesn't make you facebook friends with all your contacts but it does import any Facbook info into contacts. I know this annoyed a lot of folks who didn't want to scroll through hundreds of contacts but the universal search really took care of that. I haven't scrolled through a contacts list since last May. Also I'm not "friends" with anyone on Facebook that I don't like so it doesn't hurt to have their email/phone in my contacts list. It's helped me out many times in the past when I needed to get hold of someone and just typed their name in, only to pull up contact info imported from Facebook.

It's gonna suck to go through all those contacts and just say "yeah, download their pic".

13. jayroc2121

jayroc2121 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the htc hero for sprint now and it doesnt support fullscreen pic caller id its just a lil square box that pops up wit the pic in it so u sayin that 2.1 will change that and allow for full screen?

14. Slacker4Life

Yes, HTC Sense 2.1 supports Photo Caller ID and every phone I've used running the Sense interface, including my current Sense 2.5, has this feature available.

15. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Anybody have a screenshot of what that looks like?

I'm so used to the small pic that comes up on my Touch Pro caller id, that I'm trying to visualize how a fullscreen caller-id would look like...LOL.

16. neodorian

Unfortunately the only camera I have on me right now is my phone so I can't take a pic :)

17. Slacker4Life

CLARIFICATION: A thousand apologies:eek: to all in this thread as I totally forgotten that I have third party app on my WinMo Sense 2.5 device which intercepts my incoming calls and does full screen caller ID(2nd screen shot example) ...Me bad! I've been running it so long apparently I have totally forgotten the app was resident. So, correction/clarification time - Sense 2.1 supports Caller Picture ID(1st screen shot example), but not FULL screen caller ID natively.

Caller ID Screen Shot SAMPLES:

Below shot is Sense 2.5 on WinMo TP2 running custom ROM:
    [​IMG]

Below is using third party app on my Sense 2.5 TP2(Resco Contact Manger), which provide true full screen Caller ID:
    [​IMG]

18. drexappeal

Thanks SO much for the pics, S4L! First pic is exactly how it is on the Touch Pro, so that's what I'm familiar with.

Fullscreen Caller ID is SICK! I love that. So, just for clarification, will the EVO come stock with fullscreen caller id like the 2nd pic? Has that even been established? I don't even mind if it's a simple app to download (as long as it doesn't f' up the ability to answer calls).

19. Slacker4Life

It's interesting that I can find a number of apps in the WinMo world that will provide this, but I'm running into a desolate wasteland in the Android app world. I'm digging deep to find a solution however for us however!

drexappeal likes this.
  20. drexappeal

Only problem is, WinMo never had a "market" like Android or like the app store for the iPhone. I could search and search for apps on WinMo, which was fine, but it just took too much time. Part of the reason I like the idea of moving over to Android is for "convenience."

21. Slacker4Life

I'm in total agreement....this is the first specific function I have run into a brick wall on the Android platform.

22. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

so nobody know of a full screen caller id app on android?

23. marvinlh

marvinlh Well-Known Member

there is full screen caller

24. drexappeal

The only one I've seen, someone said it messed up their evo.