Fully Functional 2.2 Vanilla ROM?

Last Updated:

1. below_radar_00

below_radar_00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm thinking about flashing a Vanilla 2.2 ROM on my Incredible but I'm a bit nervous. It seems most ROMs will end up messing something up from Bluetooth to 3G speeds. My question is simple: is there a 2.2 Vanilla ROM that 100% works and has the latest radio etc...?

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I think that the current state of the ROMs is such that there is no pure vanilla that doesn't have some issue(s) somewhere. The closest thing to what you are looking for is going to be a Senseless ROM (ROM in which Sense existed but has been mostly removed).

3. below_radar_00

Thanks for the reply! I'm looking for a ROM that will allow me to use a BT controller for my NES roms. I hear the wiimote app won't work with sense though. I heard it works with CM6 but it seems there are some problems with CM6 although I don't know what they all are.

4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I've been using Shadow ROM all day and I haven't found any problems. BT Audio and Handsfree all working , WiFI working, Camera and Camcorder working etc...

Great ROM very very very fast as well

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Excellent! You have my attention. I'm sure you will report if you find any problems.

6. ChiTownJim

I sure will, I'll be able to give a better review or opinion on the rom once I get it flashed on an Incredible that's actually working properly and his hooked up to Verizon

7. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Shadowrom eh? I will look into it! I am waiting for this same thing as the OP stated. I was waiting on cyanogenmod...Chitown you have not used shadow with a working incredible on vzw? lol do you have a backup inc that has a bad esn???

8. ChiTownJim

Asurion is sending me a new incredible should be here tomorrow. So yes this is a backup Incredible with a bad esn. I'm using an Eris right now as my phone

9. below_radar_00

So has no one found any ShadowRom bugs? I'm thinking about going to this...just want to least buggy Vanilla 2.2 Rom I can find.

10. cdr67

cdr67 New Member

I used ShadowRom all weekend. It locked up on me twice. I use BT, WIFI, and 3G. I'm not sure what caused the issue, but it's a ROM with tons of potential.

11. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Tons of potential. I'd load it in an instant if it were stable for me.

12. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Me too. For now, SkyRaider Vanilla fills my Vanilla needs.

13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

+1 and although it's not pure vanilla it's kind of the best of both worlds a little vanilla-sense flavoring I'm lovin' it.

I have not used a vanilla ROM that is stable for daily work use. It doesn't exist right now AFAIK

14. flippedout

flippedout Member

SkyRaider 3 RC3 has been great so far. I haven't experienced any issues yet. Definitely give it a try. Head over to the XDA forums and read through the vanilla thread. You'll get the info you need there on this ROM.

15. gonzoguy24

Too bad skyraider is not really vanilla...it just has the sense launcher removed...

16. flippedout

flippedout Member

True, but its pretty close (feel and bloat wise) and, more importantly, it works!

17. gonzoguy24

It does not compare to the speed of true AOSP vanilla ROMS and it also lacks the pretty window animations

18. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem that difficult to remove most of the sense. I'm running Virtuous when IS sense-based but have removed pretty much everything except the dialer, camera, flashlight, music player, and rosie. I use LauncherPro instead of Sense launcher anyway. Virtuous is awesome and stable and everything works.