• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fully rooted but still with S-ON! How?

Just a quick update folks.

The other night, I was trying our CyanogenMod 7, and it REALLY sucked up the free space I created.

So....

I decided to do a clean install of GV 7, and after I reinstalled all my apps, I was still left with 210MB free space.

A HUGE!!!!!!! thanks again for all your help.
i think you might not have enabled s2e (app from market) as cyanogen is fairly light on data usage when set up correctly

GV is based on cyanogen 7. it uses darktremor a2sd instead though so you dont need to s2e (simple 2 ext) app

Upvote 0
i think you might not have enabled s2e (app from market) as cyanogen is fairly light on data usage when set up correctly

GV is based on cyanogen 7. it uses darktremor a2sd instead though so you dont need to s2e (simple 2 ext) app

Oh well. To be honest, other than the Boot Animantion, I wasn't that impressed with Cyan. Even though GV is based on it, it just had a few things missing that makes GV stand out from the crowd.

No matter what ROM I try, I always come back to GV.

Upvote 0
There's very little in it. The CM7light zip is smaller, but doesn't include google apps.

As I recall CM7.0.3light fits in the original Oxygen table, whereas out of the box I think Oxygen no longer fits, hence the r2 table. But we're talking a few MB either way.

Full-fat CM7 is quite a bit bigger, but is very easy to strip down, as quite a lot of it is themes & wallpapers, even before you start removing unwanted apps, languages, etc. CM7 light provided an inspiration and example of what can be done and how, so I'm currently applying the ideas to more recent CM releases.

Upvote 0
I was comparing Oxygen size with CM7 (full), since that is the one I've tried.

I forgot to mention one more advantage I got on Oxygen: the call delay disappeared for the first time. I'm not sure if that was due to the ROM specific kernel or Android OS v2.3.4.

CM7 stable version (v7.0.3) is still on v2.3.3. That applies also to CM7 Light version. Only the RC1 and Nightly builds are OS v2.3.4.

Then again, one of my favorite apps, Link2SD doesn't work on Oxygen (it did on CM7).

Upvote 0
There's very little in it. The CM7light zip is smaller, but doesn't include google apps.

As I recall CM7.0.3light fits in the original Oxygen table, whereas out of the box I think Oxygen no longer fits, hence the r2 table. But we're talking a few MB either way.

Full-fat CM7 is quite a bit bigger, but is very easy to strip down, as quite a lot of it is themes & wallpapers, even before you start removing unwanted apps, languages, etc. CM7 light provided an inspiration and example of what can be done and how, so I'm currently applying the ideas to more recent CM releases.

hmm just managed to whittle down a nightly to 48mb zipped, 52mb with gapps.
unzips to 79mb
gonna flash it in a min, wish me luck lol
EDIT: thats with adw as well as i havent created a flashable zip of go launcher yet

Upvote 0
hmm just managed to whittle down a nightly to 48mb zipped, 52mb with gapps.
unzips to 79mb
gonna flash it in a min, wish me luck lol
EDIT: thats with adw as well as i havent created a flashable zip of go launcher yet

did it, boots and so far working how i wanted it too.
it was 79.5mb system but after flashing manu it became 80.5 :/
still its as small as my cm703 light but now im on 2.3.4 like hadron :p

now i got to sort all my playlist out again :( (thanks hadron for giving me this idea and killing my evening)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones