• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fun Post: What's Your Phone History?

I started with some Android 1.6 and 2x phones that i can't remember.
Was more connected with tablets that time, first i had three archos tablets in three years in unknown order.

After that i got my first "fine" phone, the Alcatel OT 995 was the most worse phoneo ever.
Then i got the Galaxy Note 1 and 5 months later a S2 as secondairy ( now are they both dead ) .

Now i have one lovely device left, the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ( 2,72Ghz Quadcore CPU and 2GB of RAM )
I'm really happy with my current device

Upvote 0
I had my first cell phone in 2007. It was the Motorola v325i from Verizon:
moto-v325i-vzw-official.jpg

I had that phone until 09 when I left for the Philippines. I spent most of my time there without a phone, but did get a Nokia 1280 for the last few months of my time there:
nokia-1280-black-.jpg

After returning home in 2011, I picked up a Samsung Intensity on Verizon. At the time I thought Smartphones were ridiculous, costly, and stupid:
33770737-2-300-DT2.jpg

In 2012, I left my parents' family plan and switched to Straight Talk. It was as this point I realized I might as well get a smartphone for the cost of service. I picked up a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, already 2 years outdated. This phone is now sitting on my bedroom shelf with CM 11 installed on it:
Rogers-Samsung-Galaxy-S-Captivate.jpg

And last but not least, I picked up my Nexus 4 last summer just a few weeks before they dropped the price on them. I plan to keep this until July, when I'll have had it for 2 years, before upgrading:
WlJkGX3uAirKXVMMyPGQVc42xgj6oNfNZbhSACQ9R7kbVDfci4S4vV0KqybKA3ng0Co=h900

Upvote 0
Continued from my OP back on October 9, 2010

If you noticed from above to now, I have significantly slowed my phone buying process to that of a sane person. Over the years I have matured into an Android enthusiast and to a degree a purest. Thankfully this only requires 1 phone a year, or so, and whatever accessory devices, (Tablets, watches etc...) that may go along with the experience. It also saves a ton of money. That said...

In October needed wanted a new phone and since T-mobile had that Jump thing working for it, I figured that since I was with them for the long haul, what's the harm in getting a Nexus 5? The N4 from the previous year was a phone that could have easily lasted me more than a year, but the N5 had a hardware upgrade that I wanted, and the promise of things to come, and knowing how surprisingly good LG was at making it, I couldn't pass this up. So now I'm at the point where so long as Google makes Nexus phones, I'm a buyer every October till Samsung ever does it again at which point, I'm sure an iPhone may be the better alternative. Yes, I still have issues with Samsung's plastic bloatware filled TW laggy big-ass phones. Of course you could strike that last part if the N6 is indeed a Shamu sized Motorola war machine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones