Fun Thread : Smiley Preference?General

Last Updated:

1. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I figure its time for a silly thread to ease moods on "hump day". My question is, what is everyone's take on the Android Smileys? Do you prefer them over the generic emoticons? Is there another platform that had smileys you preferred?

To be honest I actually liked the smiley faces that the blackberry provided, they were the generic style smileys with some touchups to make its appearance a bit more "high quality". These android smileys just dont look "cute enough" haha.

Advertisement
  2. 06jeepguy

06jeepguy Member

Would be nice to figure out how to add more and different ones but not a real big deal

3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Interesting. I thought the same thing when I first got my first Android phone the Eris. There OK, but I too preferred BB's Messenger smileys :p

4. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

I think the smileys as available in the SMS/text messages are hideous. Give me normal smileys (a la Yahoo) and that'll just be fine. The lime green strange icons just don't do it for me.

5. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I do agree with the Yahoo smileys being the best.

6. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

maybe a dumb question but to non android users see the green smiley guys? like I remember even when I had a Voyager and my boyfriend had an Alias, our smiles and other little icons showed up completely different when looked at on our respective phones.

7. Doc_Stew

Doc_Stew Well-Known Member

I hate the android smileys. I LOVED the BB smileys (my fiance loved the oogly eyes and kissing lips). I wish there was some way to get other emoticons, but alas...and what's with having to press like 5 buttons to get a frowny face in google talk? I mean, c'mon...

8. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

I don't like ANY actual faces. I play with the emoticons far too much and to me the graphical faces ruins the intention I have by many of them.

For example, when I use :X , I often mean it not as a kissy face at all, but yet it gets converted. I don't always want :p to show up with a big smile like :p . Sometimes I mean the former in a sort of "I'm biting my tongue" manner or the latter in a "bleh" kind of way.

It's my biggest beef with the eBuddy client: can't turn off the emoticons.