Funambol on 2.x?

Last Updated:

1. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried, really tried, to use Google's Calendar and Contacts but I just can't get on with the limited features and the constant messing up of my reminders. I used to use Funambol on my Blackberry to sync my desktop (Outlook) to my.funambol.com and then to my Blackberry and notice that they have a client that runs on 2.x Android.

Anyone have this installed and working? Does it sync calendar as well as contacts yet?

Hope that this is a good option soon as my 2.x updates comes from T-Mobile next month for my G2 (Hero).

Advertisement
  2. obrienjm

obrienjm New Member

The funambol client for Android only works for contacts, not the calendar & tasks...yet. I'm still waiting as well :)

3. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's a shame that it only does contacts. Always worked really well with my BB so hoping they get the calendar sync sorted soonish.

4. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Gsyncit will do calendar and contacts. It syncs Outlook to Google, it is a two way sync. I've been using it since Aug. Works well. I think it was a $15 download.

Edit: Here is the link. http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/

5. mrsocks

mrsocks Member

the current version seems to sync calendar, contacts, tasks, etc..:

https://android-client.forge.funambol.org/

I'm hoping it does, as this seems to be the last thing holding me up from moving to this.

Hoping to Sync Thunderbird with a local Funambol server and then the phone to this...seems like it should work.

I synced my iPod with the server instance and it worked great..except that oiPod only does contacts.

try it out and let me / us know how it goes.

Thanks.