• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Functionality when you BYOD

Tyler Hauf

Lurker
Feb 24, 2016
Can anyone tell me what functionality is lost when you bring your own device to Boost, rather than by a Boost branded phone? I have no desire to jailbreak or do any extra backdoor programing. So basically, I'm talking about right after I get the device activated at a Boost store. One feature I'm curious about is the mobile hotspot since the new plans allow you to use it as part of the plan. Any limitations with any of the other features? I'll probably go with a Samsung S5. Thank you for any help you can provide!

Added a Sprint S4 to Boost. All the Sprint apps were automatically replaced with Boost apps after the first restart. Even the boot up animation. Basically just call Boost and they'll walk you through the steps in less than 10 minutes. Don't have the phone with me so don't know if the hotspot works. Other than that, functionality is exactly the same as a Boost branded phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones