Functions no longer working since 2.2 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. dcbuckeye

dcbuckeye Member This Topic's Starter

So I just did the OTA Froyo update (I think that maybe I should have done the RUU that I've been reading about.

Anyway, since I've done the update things that no longer work properly on my phone:

• Pressing "Menu" button to unlock the phone
    • Swype will no longer work when swyping letters, only when pressing like a typical keyboard
    • Browser constantly shutting down...I cannot get 20 seconds into using the browser without it shutting down.

Has anyone else noticed similar issues?

I will update as I notice additional issues...so far not happy.

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

The menu thing seems to be a hange, and i believe people that had the swype problem fixed it by uninstalling then reinstalling swype.

3. dcbuckeye

dcbuckeye Member This Topic's Starter

aghhh...I hate this.

Can't get swype to work. Can't find anything to help me get swype to work. And they move my thread.

I uninstalled swype and know can't reinstall...perfect.

Thanks for moving my page btw...all I wanted was some help.

4. millrat1030

millrat1030 Active Member

Uninstall swype and just reinstall the swype installer from beta. Run the installer, sign in, download, and reinstall. If you were not using the official beta, I'm pretty sure it won't work.
    As for the browser shutting down, good chance it's the Flash player. Some say you can get an updated version over a xda website. I myself just did a factory reset. Hope this was at least a little helpful.

5. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

I manually updated using the update.zip file, and Swype is working fine for me still. Others have said that they have had to reinstall it.

6. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Seriously? You are complaining about the fact that YOU did not post in the support forum and a mod moved it over?

7. Skillen

Skillen New Member

I started the tutorial again and it gave me the choice to switch back to the swype keyboard.
    I did reinstall it before hand, I am not sure if that had anything to do with it, but swype works on 2.2 for me now.

8. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

I had to change my touch input method to normal and back to swype for it to work after re-installing it. Had to do this everytime after I rebooted my phone up until a couple days ago. Now swype works flawlessly like before.