Funny Root Moment

Last Updated:

1. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I will be receiving my 3rd refurbed Eris due to another faulty trackball...it got stuck or something, wouldn't scroll, then stuck me in safe mode forever.

So i had to unroot back to 1.5 then download the 2.1 OTA before i sent it back to VZW, and i was thinking "oh crap, im going to have to read all these forums again and do all that stuff to root!!"

then i remembered, they have that auto-root script now :) thats what i get for rooting weeks after it was published on how to do it.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Yep, the one-click method is definitely the way to go. Rooting my wife's phone (she finally let me do that about a month ago) was WAY easier than when I rooted mine!

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Lol, where's the fun in that? :D

Rooting with 1-click (i.e., new/leak rooting method) deprives you of the joy :)rolleyes:)of having to install USB drivers, installing and learning the Android SDK, downloading a massive base root ROM (being careful to not select one of the 2.1 leaks), downloading a custom root ROM, flashing said base root ROM (let the sweaty palms begin), typing a bunch of adb commands to install Amon_RA's recovery image, booting into recovery, and finally flashing a custom ROM.

Ah, the old root method...those were the days...;)

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

ah, bathing once a week, those were the good ol' days... :)

You forgot to mention the ever popular timing method, I tried that one (WAY to many times) and never did get it to work. (what a huge waste of time THAT was)

Folks were forced to learn more about their phone using the SDK method, and I believe that's a good thing. I was easier for me than some because I'm a professional geek and somewhat familiar with the Unix operating system. I could at least understand what the commands were doing (though I couldn't have done it without the step by step guide).