Funny thing happened when I called Sprint Retention today!

Last Updated:

1. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

They fixed my issues and gave me my freaking $70 dollar loyalty discount they had promised me before finally but they have this new policy to email you after the fact with the name and employ ID number of the rep who helped you AND his managers info so you can deal with the same people if need be.

Something new I guess in the past few days.

Anyway I gave the buy my email address which was like admin@ a certain domain that sounds like a type of firearm. The rep said hey is that anything like the gun? I said yeah, I'm the admin of this certain firearms webpage as well as a certified armor for COLT, GLOCK, H&K, blah blah, he was like OH NEAT!

So the call finishes and he goes hey can I ask you a question? I said sure and he wanted to know my recommendations on what would be a good firearm to carry because he was getting his concealed carry permit! :D

I love it! I spent like the next 10~15 minutes talking about guns and caliber ballistics!

In case anyone was wondering, I carry either a Wilson Combat CQB 1911, a Hilton Yam custom built Springfield 1911 or a KAHR P9 9mm if it's hot outside and or I want something light weight.

I recommend the KAHR's for a good carry gun as most people don't need 1911's.

I just thought this was kind of a funny call! :cool:

Advertisement
    ekt8750 likes this.
  2. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

I am sorry, I did not understand one word of that. Can you try to post again. I am really confused.

3. Genetiks

Genetiks Member

Yea I have noticed their customer service is pretty ****ing awesome now. No complaints here.

4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Springfield xD sub-compact 9mm FTW! :D

5. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

Awesome! Congrats on the $70 off!

I called Retentions on Saturday to make sure I could TOL my SERO line out to my friend over the phone vs. us both going into the store (we're in different states). The rep and I ended up chatting about the EVO vs. Blackberries, Verizon vs. Sprint (I have another friend who can't get Sprint service where she is), etc. We must have chatted a good 30 minutes. Their CS has definitely improved over the years!

6. saxd45

saxd45 Member

hell ya! i carry a xd45, but if i could afford the wilson i would carry that!

7. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Good thing the xd45 doesn't have a $10/mo fee attached to it ;)

I kid... I kid...

8. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

Not sure of all this gun talk :/ ...but how do people "call retentions"? Just by dialing *2 and pressing the option for cancel service?

9. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if you do what OP did and listed your personal gun collection, the Sprint agent will give you any credit you would wish for... But seriously, do we really need guns for protection? Guns do not kill people, People kill people. Everyone should watch Bowling for Columbine. :eek:

10. bingo

bingo Member

S&W M&P 9mm carrying EVO owner here. Although I have dreams of swapping out for something nice in a 1911 frame at some point in the future. Good on you for chatting up your rep and turning the typical customer service horror story into one with a happy ending.

11. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Kimber ultra carry 2.....enough said....Kimber!!

12. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Yup and abortion is bad/good, immigration should/shouldn't be allowed, gay marriage ok/not ok, etc ;)

Let's keep the forum chat's to EVO stuff since we have enough people getting mad about the $10 fee and battery life... couldn't imagine the tempers when you throw in politics into the mix :rolleyes:

13. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

Here we go, anti gun crap....criminals carry, so I shouldn't be able to legally to protect my family and I? I follow the law, so yes, we need guns.

Chief7 and bandityo like this.
  14. bingo

bingo Member

15. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member

Not an Evo owner.......but had to chime in on this one.

I cant believe you people are talking guns on a phone forum......I love it. :D

I carry a glock 30sf or a Glock 36 just about all the time. ;)

16. evojoel

evojoel Well-Known Member

Springfield XD40 Fullsize

17. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member

You know what guns do? They kill the people who try to kill you and your family. Go get mugged downtown with your wife and come back and explain why personal protection isn't needed.

mangosinslo, Chief7, P2Cactus and 2 others like this.
  18. saxd45

saxd45 Member

someone needs to make some good wallpapers for the evo thats firearm related

19. ScorpDX

There's an endless supply of them on google images. Anything you could want! Might have to resize a bit but they're available!

20. saxd45

saxd45 Member

here are three of my most favorite things in the world :D

[​IMG]

bingo, IOWA, mrk and 1 other person like this.
  21. saxd45

saxd45 Member

ya thats the problem i dont want to resize them:D

22. ScorpDX

If you'll pay for them from the market, I'll resize them for you all day long! :D

23. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

I take it you work at the post office? ;)

24. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I normally carry an original Taurus 85CH, a concealed hammer (very smooth draw) .38 snubby with Winchester Silvertips - because guns don't kill people, well-placed bullets do.

I'm also carrying two apps on my EVO by Scheff's Blend: SchottGunn and AK-47. I recommend the SchottGunn for work meetings and the AK-47 for after hours.

A well-armed phone society is a polite phone society.

OBTW - I got my EVO after talking to a VERY nice and helpful rep in OKC who was HAPPY to stay on the phone with me until we had everything cleared up, who also chatted about crackberry vs. EVO differences - bye bye Moment, hello waiting list on June 4, delivery on the 6th.

No matter how you cut it, I actually managed to stay on topic (whatever it is) for an entire post!

25. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Kinda funny that you mentioned that part. I would never have come up with that myself. You don't think carrying guns ever backfire? How about this for a scenario?

The guy mugging you has no weapon but you do and he/she steals it from you. Good luck getting it back and good luck on being alive :) Getting killed by your own gun. Nice one.