Fuzzy Contact PicturesSupport

Last Updated:

1. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone found a way to make your contact pictures clear for phone calls or widgets? I'm using high resolution pictures from my computer, but they're still showing up fuzzy on calls. The weird thing about the people widget is that a few of the pictures will show up clear, but the rest look horrible. Someone told me the issue was that Google compresses the pictures when they're synced with the contacts down to around 96x96, if that's the case, does anyone know if that can be changed? (I'm assuming not)

Advertisement
  2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Member

I was just about to post the same issue. I notice that the picture looks clear when the contact photo is first added, but after a few minutes the pictures go blurry.

3. Bruzuco

Bruzuco New Member

I also have that same proplem.
    Even the picture that I take with the phone's camera and I set the picture as Contact Icon is blurry too!
    Don't know why this happens.
    The only Contact Icon that shows good are the contacts frinds that I have linked to facebook, that's the only way the pictures are Great!!

Does Any one have a solution for this?

4. WhenForever

WhenForever Active Member

I found a solution but it means not allowing Google to sync your contacts. You can have Google sync them so they are backed up but then uncheck and then go back and redo all your pics and they will be clear

It works for me

5. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member

Same issue... the pics I upload are fuzzy but the FB profile pics are crystal clear. Very annoying issue!

6. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

Please dont post about this bug.

HTC will see it and want to include it in our 1-update-allowance, and delay froyo even more :(

7. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member

I tried as some have suggested and unlinked the contact from Google (which, for some reason, also unlinks it from Facebook...odd). I manually set the pic using a high-res image. It was fine for the first couple of phone calls, but after that it is blurry again. I checked and it is not linked. What gives...

8. elteedub

elteedub Active Member

same here..it sucks

9. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

Does anyone know if this is a bug for only some of us? or is it on every dInc?

10. Bleakneonblack

Bleakneonblack Active Member

I had this problem.. the only way I was able to fix it was by adding each picture and making sure I hit save on the contact information instead of just backing out and letting it autosave. No idea why that worked, but they seem okay now. I also made sure to do each individually, go to the friend widget and let it update, then proceed to the next contact.

11. ozzynyc

ozzynyc Member

12. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

that sucks. I've noticed this for months but couldn't figure it out so I've just had terrible caller id pictures...like mentioned above: either downloaded or taken with the phone itself. Not one has been clear.

13. Redoxase

Redoxase Member

UGH, I've been having this problem and I really wish there was a fix for it. Glad I'm not the only one.

14. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member

I can't find the thread now, but someone in another forum (on this site) posted a band-aid fix that works perfectly. You have to create a dummy contact entry of the person you wish to fix (Facebook photos aren't affected to my knowledge. It is the ones with a custom chosen contact photo) and link them. It takes less than a minute, so I just did the most used ones for me.

For example, your wife's name is Jane Doe. You create a second Jane Doe contact and save it to the phone. Then you open the other (real) Jane Doe contact and when you go in to link that contact you will notice the other Jane Doe on the phone as an option. Then you can set the image and it works perfectly every time.

Sorry if that isn't very clear. Someone posted it, but now I can't find it.

15. Exasperated

Exasperated Active Member

Do you know what the weird thing is - mine used to be crystal clear, but since the OTA update they've been fuzzy. They were perfect for the first 2 months of owning the phone. Google was always synced and also Facebook before the update and it made no difference to them - they were still clear. Now they are rubbish!