FW update

Last Updated:

1. KeepinitRIL

KeepinitRIL Member This Topic's Starter

Im looking at buying a chinese clone, it has a 9mp camera and a bunch of other cool stuff

3.0 Inch WIFI Quad Band Dual Card TV Cell Phone Support Dual Camera and JAVA

My buddy has bought from the same site and said they take returns no questions asked if I dont like it

it says it uses android 1.5 now would I be able to bring that up to date with froyo, or at the least, eclair?

Advertisement
  2. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

First of all, a 1280 x 1024 resolution picture is 2 megapixels, not 9. A 208 Mhz processor isn't going to get you anywhere. I doubt later versions of Android will even run on it. I imagine you would have to find a custom ROM for it and figure out how to root it. Also, you likely have no support from anyone if the phone malfunctions. Why don't you tell us your carrier and what kind of plan and money you have to work with? I would personally avoid knock-offs like the plague.

3. KeepinitRIL

thanks for the heads up, Ill reconsider it definitely

4. KeepinitRIL

I have AT&T Im only looking to spend $200 max on a phone, contracts up in january, so around october Id be set.

5. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Well, if you're staying with ATT and you renew your contract, I imagine the Aria or Backflip will probably come under the $200 range. The Captivate is ATT's best Android phone at the moment. ATT has a raw deal since iPhone runs the show over there. That and ATT doesn't want any third party apps like PDAnet that would take away any revenue from their highway robbery scheme.

6. KeepinitRIL

Im not sure if Ill stay with ATT, but thanks for the great advice