• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FYI: Changing LED Notification Light color based on App - Light Flow

Dang, re: sequencing of blinks! Thanks for trying on it (long before I asked about it ;) ) I guess we will just keep our fingers crossed either Android OS or Moto updates eventually allow control of the blink its self. (Of course this touches on the root aspect, for now I am not going to root so I appreciate the care you have taken to give us non-rooters such good functionality.)

So, can I make a request?
"Idle" Notification aka "Nothing New" Notification - Having an alert color that is only seen when LF has no other alerts to show you. The reason for this would be, for glancing at the phone from across the room, you can not always tell if you ~would~ see the LED... You know, maybe its blinking an alert at your but its covered by your coat? With the Idle Notification, you would know if you DID see that color - nothing to get up and walk to your phone for.

Also, on my original question 2 - I tried installing BattMonX and telling it to control battery LED, and then set its action to NONE - but still when my phone hits 5% Moto goes "red LED only". Aside from it seeming to disable any other LED interaction, including LF, it makes it to where I must not choose red as one of my LF alert colors. Unfortunate because red is such a prominent one! Not your programs fault, clearly something Moto is doing a lot like the LED blink control inablity... but since "you da' man" on this topic, do you have any behind the scenes info on it you could share?

Thanks again,
Matt

Upvote 0
... the only limitation is theres no way to hook into single swiped away notifications.

Out of curiosity, does this mean that notifications could possibly persist after the notification's been cleared by swiping away?
I've been too busy recently to do anything other than get my new GN into just more than a usable state. :(

BTW - I really REALLY appreciate you making the app and being so active in the on-going development and interaction with the users. This type of activity (dedication?) seems way too few and far between. You are fantastic, good sir!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones