FYI - Incredible incredibly in stock!!General

Last Updated:

1. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just in case no one has given this alert...Amazon does indeed have the coveted Incredible back in stock (as of this hour) and it ships within 24 hours!! This is pretty cool since even Verizon online, Verizon stores, and other retailers like Best Buy are still backordered (June 30th I guess is the now quoted date on orders taken this week). Otherwise, even cooler that I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday and got notice it shipped and will be arriving tomorrow. I will miss my Eris (even with the 2.1 bugs), but the Incredible reviews are pretty convincing.

Just a heads-up for those still in seach of "in stock." Good luck!!

Advertisement
  2. Verean

Verean Member

Say we buy it now, when we get it i will take it to my Verizon store and get it activated,
    So would only need to pay the 150 right now.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

4. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

Absolutely ridiculous.......

5. rocky s.

reply about pricing...my cost as existing upgrade customer was $199 - instant rebate applied at Amazon vs. waiting for it in mail.

6. androy

androy Well-Known Member

As of right now, if you order from verizonwiress.com it wont be shipped until 7/8. Wow.

7. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

Awesome! I know a bunch of people that fell in love with my Incredible. I need to tell them :)

8. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

This is going to anger a lot of people who ordered 1-2 weeks ago and still have a week or longer to wait for their phone to ship.

9. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member

It's worth mentioning that when I bought my Incredible it was $200 with a 2-year commitment, or $230 with a 1-year commitment. In other words, for $30 more I can upgrade 12 months earlier if I decided too (or, if I decide not to, I can let a family member use the credit) and get the Evo/iPhone/Xtreme or whatever Verizon is offering then.

It's a strategy worth considering before you sign on to anymore 2-year deals.

10. rocky s.

Yeah...not sure how Amazon trumps Verizon on being first to restock their own phone - guess it's the power of volume, volume, volume! But I agree...seems unfair to those who did their preordering as instructed and now must wait till the end of month or longer. Well, that's why I tried to get this word out as soon as I made the discovery - and the the purchase to see if if was actually going to happen. But I would assume that the Amazon supply is still not infinite, so, yep, call the friends and neighbors! :)

11. jayhammy

jayhammy Active Member

that's awesome. I noticed a couple of weeks ago Amazon had them in stock, then the site said 1-3 weeks shipping. Now, they're back in stock. How is it that Amazon is getting them and Verizon itself is not?
    I got mine on May 2, and I've never been happier.

12. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

yeah thats where I got mine from last week, order the same week and received the same week, and cancelled my order with verzion and I just finally received my refund of 211.99 from them and I only paid 149.99 total from Amazon:D

13. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

I called my local Verizon store and they said mine is still scheduled to ship by the 29th even though there are some Droid Incredibles sitting in stock at Amazon. Grrrr

14. Chango99

Chango99 Well-Known Member

Get them before they are gone. 2 Disappeared within 20 minutes. Went from 5 to 3.

Shit, only 2 after typing that ^.

I really wish I could buy through Amazon. Damn cousin bought an individual plan 2 weeks ago with Best Buy and i'm going to be joining him, so I can't get a new contract through Amazon.

Faster shipping + no taxes to CA, DAAAAAAAAMN. I wish I could order.

edit 3 mins later: 1 LEFT

secretLOVER likes this.
  15. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Maybe amazon ordered them before the people still waiting did? No one should be mad. They knew the "ship by" date when they ordered. Let's not turn this into the "date vs date" thread.

16. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Ha! Love the update edits.

17. Chango99

It's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

18. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

It looks like Verizon is selling new phones they get to new people rather than giving them to people who already paid for them and have been waiting for them.

19. jedipimping

jedipimping Member

I noticed them in stock on Amazon earlier today, but didn't think anything of it. Then with this post I realized it was something I should jump on. Had to convince my wife to let me have my b-day present a little early so I wouldn't have to wait til July. Took some convincing and with no time to spare I ordered mine on Amazon today. I think I was one of the last to get it, as after I ordered it now updated to 1-3 weeks. Says shipping today and delivery on the 15th. So thanks for the post to highlight that it was a big deal!

20. droid_head

droid_head Well-Known Member

The Amazon Incredible is for new activations only or everyone would be buying them from there.

21. droid_head

Hmm. Seems like they removed the new activation stipulation. the first time i saw it on Amazon, you could only buy if you were a new customer.

Still, the timeline is about the same.

22. rocky s.

Well, it was fun while it lasted! At least it sounds like a couple of folks got in on the Amazon surge and will get an Incredible in their hands a bit sooner. It also seems like it would be a good idea to monitor the wireless zone at Amazon now that it's apparent they find themselves in supply independent of Verizon's shortages or timelines, odd as that may be. And, yes, their offer is certainly available to existing Verizonees since that is my situation, although sounds like that may be a new twist.

23. droid_head

I knew i had seen it somewhere. Click on the "see price in cart" link for a nice surprise. So don't beat yourself up existing Verizon customers, we're stuck with Verizon backorder.

[​IMG][​IMG]

24. Chango99

You can upgrade an existing line for 200$ with no taxes, still cheaper since 46$ tax is a god damn killer.

25. jedipimping

jedipimping Member

I am an existing customer adding to a family plan. It was $199