FYI Kies Mini not Win 7 64 bit friendly

1. xxxsteveoxxx

xxxsteveoxxx Well-Known Member

Just found out that Kies mini does not support windows 7 64 bit. As if I needed another reason to be pissed at Samsung. Just though id let you guys know ahead of time so when the Epic update drops youll be prepared with a solution.

Advertisement
  2. boomerbubba

boomerbubba Well-Known Member

Is there even a version of Kies mini that works with the Epic? I thought not.
  3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

why are you pissed when you have zero clue how our update will go? Not to mention bubba has it right. There was mention a bit ago that kies wasn't compatible with the epic. This was when europe got its froyo upgrade and people were talking about it with the epic. And maybe that's part of the delay. Complete speculation on my part. If kies doesn't work with the epic then they have to get the OTA right to push it out. And seeing how it went with Bell in Canada, they can't afford another rollout debacle. Hence the Vibrant is mini kies for now until they iron out their OTA release.
  4. xxxsteveoxxx

xxxsteveoxxx Well-Known Member

If you go to T-Mo's website it says that the update will NOT be pushed over the air. It's too big. I dont think the Updates for the galaxy s line will be OTA. If Kies is not compatable with the epic then that may be one of the problems they are facing.