• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FYI - Swype Beta Updated for FROYO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried to login to my swype account to reload beta. Well it kept saying that my password was wrong, even though I'm 100% positive it wasnt. So I clicked forgot my password, then the message comes up that they emailed me a new temp password. So I go to my email and it says thank you for registering with swype beta, we will let you know when beta reopens. LAME

Upvote 0
So I tried to login to my swype account to reload beta. Well it kept saying that my password was wrong, even though I'm 100% positive it wasnt. So I clicked forgot my password, then the message comes up that they emailed me a new temp password. So I go to my email and it says thank you for registering with swype beta, we will let you know when beta reopens. LAME

double check that you used your original email, same thing happened to me awhile back.

Upvote 0
Mine still needs fixed after reboots!

I got frustrated by the same issue and went back to using SwiftKey, which is available in beta on the market. It learns quickly and you start inputting words with one keypress. I used to be a devoted Swype user, but now I'm converted to SwiftKey.
I haven't had any restart issues either.

Upvote 0
Thanks im using it now. I like the keyboard but I don't like that it can track keystrokes.i think I will keep it for a bit but I hope my passwords don't end up getting stolen!
Any keybooard installed on your device (including the stock keyboard that shipped with it) can do this. Swype works closely with all the phone manufacturers and Google as well. I'm relatively confident you can sleep easy knowing you have their product installed on your device.

It was working fine on my phone after installing froyo, but after installing the new beta I now have the problem of swype not working correctly after a reboot. I also have to turn it off and back on to get it to work right.
You couldn't have had a bug free version after installing Froyo. The issue you describe is/was a known issue with Froyo BEFORE the latest update. The latest update corrected that issue.

Upvote 0
Went through the whole install and AGAIN it says it is installing, then Lookout says its safe.....but once AGAIN the tab to OPEN swype never highlights. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Follow the instructions. You don't open it. You long press in a text field and a menu comes up. Tap input method>Swype

There is a whole tutorial at Swype | Text Input for Screens

Upvote 0

Yeah, same here. WTF? Is the BETA not open? If it was open for a short time, why didn't I get an email saying I could fetch it?

Upvote 0
I had Swype before 2.2, upgraded and my Swype wasn't working. Reinstalled it just this morning (using the original link, per the suggestions I'd read here) and it still didn't work. I don't see any emails from the Swype team about 2.2 compatibility though... maybe I'll get it later in the week?

UPDATE: I got it a few hours after making this post. Followed the instructions in the email and now it works again!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones