• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G flex update

Not trying to steer ya away from A/F,but,as you can see,not too much activity here w/this particular phone.

I'd keep an eye on the FLEX forum over @ XDA for info on root related topics.

FWIW,there's not much activity w/the FLEX over there either,but,if anything develops with KIT-KAT/SPRINT/Root,it'll be from the membership/developers over there 1st,then,info will make it's way here.

As for the more popular phones,lots of activity here,but,as I found out myself,if you have a niche device (such as the FLEX,or for another example,the QUALCOMM TOQ smartwatch,which I own),your best bet is to start w/XDA.

I subscribe to the FLEX forum,if I find anything new,I'll post it here.

Reactions: Jammer420
Upvote 0
Very frustrating - AT&T won't/can't do anything, LG blames AT&T. When I first got this phone, I was going 2 to 3 days between charges. (Light user) After AT&T pushed KitKat out to it, have to charge it every day. Wake Lock Detector pointed to Android System, specifically WifiOffDelayIfNotUsed" - I have no clue which app is causing this, systemic app freezing has not been helpful in identifying the culprit. This is odd (to me) as I do not have wifi on unless I am downloading something big, well, maybe that is why this is always on, waiting for wifi? This wake lock is using power at an incredible rate, 10 to 15 % of battery while I am asleep for 6 hours.
Specifics - WifiOffDelayIfNotUsed sometimes just stops for no apparent reason. It starts as soon as the phone comes off charge. If I reboot the phone right after charge, it does not start, and I see nearly normal battery usage - on my last two days off, the phone went 49 hours, still had a 51% charge. Anyone else seen this?

The next wake lock on my list is IQ agent - grrr.:secruity:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones