1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

G Pad 8.3 - Will it get 4.4 (Kit Kat)?General

1. Bangjr

Bangjr Active Member

I've asked this in the LG G2 forum...wanted to get opinions from prospective G Pad buyers - are you concerned about LG's track record in updating Android OS - say from 4.2 to anything higher? Kit Kat eventually? I maybe should say - lack of a track record. :)

LG is well known for releasing a device and OS does not get updated.

And yes, rooting will address this concern but some folks may not be comfortable doing that...so will LG update the G Pad to a higher OS?

Heard that the G2 MAY get 4.4...so there's hope that the G Pad will too??

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

I just checked my crystal ball and ... oops, the battery died.

Even if LG promised, in 72 point type on the front page of the New York Times that thery were going to update the pad to KitKat, one new CEO (or even a mid-level manager) and all plans are out the window.

Will any particular manufacturer update any device to any new version of Android? If I had even a 10% record of being right about that I wouldn't waste my time here - I'd be competing with Carlos Slim for Richest Man in the World title.

Read some 3 and 4 year old predictions about version updates on some forums - and try not to hurt yourself laughing. As they say in the financial world, past performance is no prediction of future performance.
    KOLIO likes this.