G Sensor Stopped WorkingSupport

1. Mr roley mole

Mr roley mole Member

Randomly my g sensor has stopped working tried to run the test through the dialer menu but it hangs and doesn't continue, through a sensor app I get no x or y values any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Hey :)

So in Settings > Display, gestures & buttons > G-Sensor calibration the app freezes or its just not showing any information?

Have you tried a hard reset by holding down your power button till you get the 3 second countdown..?

Or try installing AndroSensor (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fivasim.androsensor&hl=en) from the looks of it it shows you what sensors are working etc...

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Mr roley mole likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

It's a common issue, it's what my first one had to be replaced for. You can try what Jimbob has suggested, but I don't believe there's a software fix unfortunately, you'll probably have to send it back to HTC/your network.
  4. Mr roley mole

Mr roley mole Member

Thanks for the help I did a hard reset like Jimbob suggested and it seems to have fixed it atleast for the time being. Gonna keep an eye on it and then take it in for repair if it breaks again.
  5. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Good Stuff :)

Let us know how you get on

Cheers