G1 backlight broken...Support

Last Updated:

1. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, it seems like i have a fully working G1....sans the back light. I want to give T-Mobile a call and see what they can do for me....but i don't have the insurance (i completly forgot to add it!) So, what are my options? I'm am NOT buying another G1...thats for sure. The HTC Dream hardware is the sloppiest attempt from HTC so far and i will not be supporting it....again. Now, if i can get the insurance and wait about 2 weeks then give tmobile a call and say i "lost" it and cough up the 130$....that is doable...but ONLY if i can get the insurance. So, what do i do? I love Android, but hate the Dream hardware. Worst case scenario...i ditch android till it matures and go with something else. Thoughts and some feedback welcome.

PS. A shoulder to cry on is good as well :-D

Advertisement
  2. N3TWORK BURN3R

Do i just call them and say i need a warranty exchange? Cause ive had it for a while now...

BTW, i honk when im horny all the time :p (QR code read....)

3. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

It has a one year warranty. Good Luck.

4. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

there is a 1 year warranty exchange for all tmo phones regardless of insurance. go in and show them. ive exchanged my old wing like 3 times for warranty with no insurance.

5. N3TWORK BURN3R

Cool, they are sending me a new one... :) Keep this on the hush hush, but i disassembled my G1 looking for the problem and the backlight is indeed burnt out. :-D

6. nickL0V3

nickL0V3 New Member

will this still work if Im buying a G1 with the same problem from another source? (like craigslist)

7. Tobias Claren

Tobias Claren New Member

Hello.

Do I need to replace the whole lcd, when the backlight is broken?
    Or can an inverter be broken? An inverter on the motherboard (?). Total loss.
    Why should the backlight turn out so soon? G1 is a maximum of 1.5 years old, right?
    A replacement lcd costs ~$41.