G1 Body Color vs Keyboard ColorGeneral

Last Updated:

1. six41

six41 Member This Topic's Starter

I decided to differ from the standard black and bought the bronze model. I was a bit disappointed yesterday when a friend pulled out her black phone and I saw how much more readable the keyboard keys were. Mine is a silver keyboard with black letters. Daytime readability is pretty good but in low light it gets tough. The black model has black keys with white letters.

Anybody else feel like the keys on the bronze model are hard to read in differing light?

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Yes I returned my white model for that reason. Got a black one. I will just get a fun case there are thousands on ebay.

3. prsports1975

prsports1975 New Member

I had the Bronze phone and returned it for the same reason. It was way too hard to read the keys in early morning or in the early evening when the light is not that good. I got the black phone and bought a sweet dark red cover for it and i love it. The G1 is by far the best phone I have ever owned. If we can just get a good video player i will be completly happy.

4. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

My wife also returned the white phone after one day. She hates the black phone, but the keyboard on the white was completely unusable.

5. dkaufman1

I think the fix is very easy too....both the bronze and white have silverish keypads, if they changed the LEDs to cool blue ones, or added more contrast to the letter silk screens we might see an improvement.

I really hope that in future vers. or other model the keyboard is not so flush to the keybed.

6. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member

Also returned my Bronze G1 after two days, and exchanged it for a Black one. Totally happy now with my G1 (although, I did find the Bronze more attractive, but not enough to put up with the hard to read keyboard, in low light)

If you're within the exchange period, see if T Mobile will let you swap it for a Black one.

Strange that HTC wouldn't have figured out this issue, and dealt with it before launch.

7. Rmg12gra

Rmg12gra Active Member

My G1 has a glossy black back on the keyboard with black keys. But I'm British

8. dkaufman1

Your "White" or "Bronze" G1? The black ones have no issue with contrast in low-light.

9. Rmg12gra

Rmg12gra Active Member

BLack G1, I know that, I'm saying on the UK model of the Black G1 the keyboard is glossy + black

10. dkaufman1

Can you post some photos? I would like to see that.

11. 23james

23james Active Member

http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/t-mobile-dream-g1-phone.jpg

thats pretty much what it looks like, but the background to the keys is like a shiny glossy texture

the white one in the uk has a standard metal background with white keys with black letters etc, and green like alt functions

and i dont think we have a bronze version here.

look on t-mobiles uk g1 website for like 360 views of both the english models

i think the uk phones are much better looking than the american ones frankly. really dont like the tan back to the white model. uk is all white, looks really good

edit: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/deals/2/

thats the g1s uk website. you can see the white version on the home page.
    beautiful! lol

12. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

Does the US white one have coloured call keys (red & green)?

13. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

yup it does. I have the white G1 after having the black previously.

I am contemlpating on going on ebay and buying those $10 black keyboard buttons and swapping the one in my white one