G1 camera not focusing [pics inside]Support

Last Updated:

1. mrhaydel

mrhaydel New Member This Topic's Starter

I've had a problem over the past month or two of where the camera on my G1 simply doesn't focus when close up to an object, most notably bar codes.

I used to be able to use ShopSavvy and Barcode Scanner effortlessly, as well as take pictures of things relatively close up, and have it be in focus.

However, that's not the case anymore. The camera takes pictures of things just fine when they're more than a few feet away, but as soon as you try to get as close as you'd need to scan a barcode, it just gets blurry, and won't focus.

Anyone else have this problem, or know of any suggestions to fix it? FWIW, I had been on a rooted JF 1.51 build, but just over the weekend I switched to CyanogenMOD, and I still have the same issue. Also, I've seen both this thread and this other thread on a similar issue, but, the half-pressing of the shutter button does not work, and I have the same issue with ShopSavvy, SnapTell, Barcode Scanner, and the native camera.

Here are some photos for evidence. Actually, I can't get the add-image button to work for the life of me, so here are links to photos. Sorry!

IMAG0002 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMAG0003 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMAG0004 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement