• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 data is not compatible with all voice plans!

Dimath

Sep 11, 2008
Know what? G1 data plan is not compatible with my voice plane and they can not add it to my account! Just great!
I have an old one and really cheap one National Business Plan 300 plan (300 wherever + 300 mobile + 100 msg for $29, pretty good). Don't really want to give it up, but that's not the thing! WHH, why should I change my voice plan now, it was never ever written anywhere that I have to had some special voice plan to use the G1. Of course I haven't read the agreement, but I am pretty sure it's not there.
And I paid for that G1 data already.
It's really wired.

Know what? G1 data plan is not compatible with my voice plane and they can not add it to my account! Just great!
I have an old one and really cheap one National Business Plan 300 plan (300 wherever + 300 mobile + 100 msg for $29, pretty good). Don't really want to give it up, but that's not the thing! WHH, why should I change my voice plan now, it was never ever written anywhere that I have to had some special voice plan to use the G1. Of course I haven't read the agreement, but I am pretty sure it's not there.
And I paid for that G1 data already.
It's really wired.

Talk to a different rep. You should not have to change your voice plan.

Upvote 0
But I don't even have the option in the T-mobile web site to add the G1 data plan. Well, definitely should call them again before giving up.

The person on the phone was pretty steady that my voice plan is uncompatible with G1 data plan. Even gave me the address to return my phone to in case I don't want it :-/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones